Chapter 5

We pulled into the driveway and just sat in the quiet car.

                "What am I going to do, Niall?" I asked looking to him.

                "Well you can stay with me until you figure something out. My parents will understand." he said putting a hand on mine. "Hey, actually, and you don't have to decide right now, but I have a flat in London, and I'm only here for the next few days, you can live with me there!" he said with much enthusiasm. 

                "Niall, are you serious?" I asked.

                "Yeah, I mean, where else are you gonna' stay?" he pointed out. 

                "Niall. Have I ever told you I love you?" I asked jokingly. 

                "Not enough lately!" he said, wiping away fake tears.

                "Thanks Ni." I said wrapping my arms around him.

                "Here let's go inside, the cars getting cold." he said. He was right too, this November weather had been killing me lately. 

                "Yeah, let's go." I said opening my car door. We walked inside and went upstairs. I put back on the clothes I had slept in the previous night and climbed into Niall's bed. Niall came out of the bathroom, his hair still slightly damp from his shower.

"Alright, I'm going back downstairs, just yell if you need anything." he said rubbing the back of his neck. As much as I hated making Niall sleep on the couch, I wasn't going to fight with him. It had been a long day and right now the only thing I need is sleep. 

                "Okay, night Niall." I said. 

                "Night, Gracie." he said back. I faked a smile as e turned off the light and closed the door. I was surrounded by darkness and silence. Even though it was just me in the room, it almost felt... Awkward. I tried to go to sleep, but I failed. I couldn't stop thinking about my parents. As much as I hated my parents, I have to say, somewhere, somehow, I did love them. Not now, but there was a time when I did, and I want to go back to that time, when everything was okay. No fighting and no abuse. Just... Just love. Like a normal family. But unfortunately, those days are over, and I have to face the fact that their gone and not coming back. A billion questions started rushing through my head; What was going to happen to the house? What is going to happen with all of their belongings? I'll let my uncle figure that out, I'm not dealing with any of that. I was going to move in with Niall, in London... Oh god. The thought of actually living in a flat with one of the messiest people on earth. This should be interesting... I finally fell asleep, but I could tell it wasn't going to be a good night.

                I shot myself upwards in the bed. I was breathing heavily and I was drenched in sweat, but I was freezing. I put my hand up to my forehead, I was burning up. Of course, on top of everything that had happened in the past 24 hours, I would get sick. Just my luck. I looked over at the bright green numbers on the digital clock sitting on Niall's desk. 2:51 a.m. I moaned as I fell back onto the pillow. I repeated this whole process at least four more times throughout the night.

                "Gracie! Gracie wake up!" Niall said shaking my shoulder. 

                "I'm up, I'm up, what do you want?" I growled pulling the blankets over my head.

                "It's almost 11:30, and I'm hungry!" he complained like a small child. 

                "Are you freaking kidding me, Niall!?" I said throwing a pillow at his face. "Go make your own damn food! Besides, I'm sick." I complained, trying to escape his requests for food. 

                "But I want you to make pancakes! And like you being sick has ever stopped me from eating your food before?" he pointed out.

                "you're such a five year old..." I groaned. I took in a deep breath. "Fiiiiine" dragging out the 'I'. 

                "Yes!" he ran to the kitchen. I swear that boy. 

I went over to the bathroom. I looked in the mirror and nearly screamed. I looked TERRIBLE. My face was extremely pale, paler than usual. I had dark circles and bags under my eyes, and my hair was an absolute mess. After I washed up, I went downstairs and took some Advil to rid the pain in my head. I proceeded to get out the ingredients for the pancakes. I'm seriously considering spitting in his pancakes for making me do this. 

                *Ding Dong*

                "I'll get it." Niall said jumping from the couch. 

                "Yeah you will." I mumbled while pouring a small about of batter on a pan. About a minute later he walked back into the kitchen with Liam.

                "Hey Liam! Whats up? Where are the other boys?" I asked. Thank God the Advil had kicked in.

                "I just came to check up on you, you know, make sure you were okay. And the others went to see a movie." he said.

                "Oh, well you want pancakes?" I asked bringing a plate of chocolate chip pancakes over to the table. Niall immediately attacked eight of them, drowning the them in syrup.

                "Niall, you're not pregnant, you don't have to eat like you're feeding two people!" I said to him. He just rolled his eyes at me. 

                "No thanks." Liam laughed, sitting down next to Niall at the table. "Not to be nosy, but, why did you guys leave early yesterday? Did we do something wrong?" he asked with a worried expression. Then it hit me. Everything that had happened last night with my parents. How could I have forgotten about that? I couldn't help myself, a tear rolled down my cheek. "Gracie, What's wrong? You can tell me." he put his hand on mine. 

                "I just, I-" I was choking back the tears, I had been doing that a lot lately and it made me feel weak. Liam pulled me into a hug. I like Liam, he was easy to talk to and that's something I didn't get a lot of. I didn't have a lot of... Well friends. I guess it was my fault though, when it came to school I was sort of antisocial. I didn't let people in easily. Up until Liam and the rest of the boys I guess, Niall was really my only friend. 

                I collected myself and then began speaking. I told Liam about everything that had been going on for the past few months and then last night. I was finally able to talk to someone without crying. It's sad to say, but this was a first time in quite a while. Liam's mouth was open, but no words came out. Then a smile slowing pulled at his lips. This confused me.

                "So you're going to live with Niall in London?" he asked.

                "Yes." I answered hesitantly. 

                "All of the other boys and I have a flat in the same complex." he said still smiling. 

                "And?" I asked. I was a little worried now. 

                "Oh, you clearly don't know us well enough." he winked as the smile turned slightly less evil.  Yeah, I was scared now. I mean the boys seemed to be pretty laid back, as far as I saw. "Alright, well I have to go pick Danielle up from the airport." Liam said standing up. 

                "Who's Danielle?" I asked. 

                "My girlfriend." he said smiling. "you'd like her. Bye Niall." Niall waved his hand not breaking eye contact with the TV. He laughed. " Bye Gracie." and with that he was out the door.