Chapter 7

{Your POV}
Later that day, Preston and I went to dinner at an Italian restaurant. "Enjoying life?" he asked me. I nodded and smiled. "How about you?" "Yeah, but I've got a lot on my mind." "Like what?" I asked. "Well, while you were passed out, I was asked out by this...I guess...cute girl at the hospital."

I choked on my food. Preston panicked and came over to hit me on my back. I swallowed and drank some water. "Thanks," I blushed. "No problem," he said, giving me warming smile. "So, what's the girl's name?" "Paige," he replied. "Do you like her?" I asked. "She's pretty cute, but I don't know if I wanna date her," he sighed. "I'll have to think about it."

I nodded as my heart broke and tears swelled up in my eyes. I bet this is how Preston felt when I got together with (C/N). I hope this is how he felt. "(Y/N), you okay? You look like you are about to cry," Preston exclaimed. I nodded and gave him a weak smile, then quickly looked away. "No, you're not, I know that look," he said.

Dang it! I thought. "Tell me what's wrong." "You don't wanna know, I don't wanna ruin anything," I said, obviously not wanting to tell him. "What will you ruin?" "Your future...possibly your heart," I trembled.

Preston placed his hand under my chin and turned my face, forcing me to look at him. I blushed harder than anyone has ever done before. "(Y/N)," he started. "You could never ruin anything of mine. You could only make it better. I love you, and you know that. You are what's keeping me alive. If you didn't wake up today, I would've died, too."

He looked at his watch and payed for the food. "Anyways, it's getting late, I'll drive us home." I nodded. We left the restaurant and got in my Mercedes. I slowly felt my eyes closing and me drifting off to sleep. The last thing I saw before going to sleep was Preston, blushing...