Chapter 6

{Your POV}

[Time Skip]

It's been two weeks since me and (C/N) have gone on our first date, and now we're on our second one. We went to the beach, where Preston was laying down in the sand, thinking. "Preston," I said softly. "You okay?" "I'm fine," he said, immediately, and closed his eyes. My heart broke and I went back to (C/N).

"Wooo, lets go in the water!" He yelled. I nodded slowly. "(C/N)—" I started, but he grabbed my hand and we went into the deep part of the water. I tugged at (C/N)'s foot to yank me up, but he swam away. I started to panic. I passed out and I felt arms around my waist and someone pulling me up out of the water. Before I knew it, I heard sirens and saw flashing lights. And I saw Preston.

"She's waking up!" yelled Preston. I woke up at home on the couch. Where was I? Did I drown? No, I couldn't have, because I wouldn't be here. Preston ran in and gave me the biggest hug ever. I blushed and hugged him back. He let go. "I'm so glad you're safe!" he said, smiling. "Thank you, Preston. You saved my life," I said.

"Where's (C/N)?" Preston looked away and blushed. "Oh," he started. "He's at his house with his friends, why?" I was mad. "Tell him we're through. He wasn't there for me, but my best friend was." He nodded and called (C/N). I wasn't surprised that he had already hooked up with another girl. I guess Preston was the one that I actually was in love with...