Chapter 5

Today is the day I promised Apollo I would run away so I began to pack. Being an orphan most of my life I didn't really have many personal belongings.

Suddenly I heard a clanking sound come from my side. Turning I saw a knife on my nightstand. Picking it up I examined it.

I didn't know much about weaponry, but something told me it was bronze. Going over to my window I saw that nobody was even outside.

I don't understand how someone could climb a two story house, into my window, put a knife on my nightstand and not get noticed once. Not to mention I was in here the whole time.

I was about to toss it out when I remembered that I would need some kind if protection if I'm running away.

Stuffing it into a bag I began packing some clothes till I remembered that I'll

also need some food to survive as well.

Down in the kitchen I opened the pantry grabbing two lives if bread, six cubes of cheese and three apples.

Back upstairs I packed them in the bag right when I heard the front door opening followed by two sets of footsteps. shoving the bag under my bed I rushed to the window.

Bursting into the room Bonnie eyed me as if she knew I was up to something, but I couldn't blame her I knew I looked guilty.Then Addison came in with a mischievous smirk on her face.

"Mom I think Bernice took some food from the pantry!" she whined

"Addison sweetie could you leave us two alone for a few?"

"Sure" she replied giving my dirty look as she left leaving me and Bonnie alone in a staring contest.

Then she slapped me knocking me to the ground with tears streaming down my reddened face.

"I don't know what your up to but mark my words I have my eyes in you" she snarled

Leaving me on the floor crying she left the room slamming the door behind her.