Hospital

Thank you to all of the people who read this story... Thank you again for putting up with my terrible writing and irregular updates... Love you all

At Kenma's house

"Shoyo... Do you need anything?" Kenma asked me when we arrived at his place.

"No... I'm okay... Thanks for having me though..."

"Yeah... I'm going to change... Do you need a change of clothes as well?" Kenma asked me.

"... Sure..." I replied slowly.

"Okay... I'll be right back,"

Time skip...

"Goodnight Shoyo..."

"You too Kenma..."

Another time skip...

3rd person POV

It was early morning when Hinata started having difficulties with breathing.

This was due to muscle failure in his lungs. Hinata couldn't expand his lungs to breath and his face scrunched up in pain. He tried calling out for help but his mouth wouldn't move so he tried reaching for Kenma.

" *sounds of Hinata choking on air* "

Luckily, Kenma was awake and found Hinata struggling to breath in his room.

Kenma quickly grabbed his phone and dialed 911. Then he did what he did what he could until the paramedics came.

Time skip to the hospital...

"He's doing better than before but I don't think he'll get better," the doctor said when they got Hinata to breath properly again.

"I - I see..." Kenma whispered while holding onto Hinata's cold hand.

"I'll be right back so make sure he's still breathing properly and if he's not, press the button above his head and a doctor or a nurse will come," the doctor said before he left to go get something.

Time skip...

It was 7 in the morning when Hinata finally opened his eyes.

"Ke... Ken...ma?" Hinata mumbled.

"Shoyo!!! I'll call the doctor," Kenma said.

As Kenma quickly pressed the button, a nurse came in and saw the patient was awake and called for a doctor.

"Hmm..." the doctor said as he checked Hinata.

"Umm... how is Hinata?" Kenma hesitantly asked him.

"Well... do you want me to tell you the truth or bend it a little bit?"

"... the truth... please,"

"Well, to be straightforward with you... your friend is going to die soon. The good news is that he has about 2 weeks before he dies but that's it. There's no cure for this unless the patient's family wants to risk surgery but the success rate is at 50/50 at best," the doctor said.

Kenma looked shocked and Hinata just looked down.

"Is there any other way doctor?" Kenma asked carefully.

"Hmm... right now, I don't think so, maybe if the illness was starting to form, I could help, but the risks are too high right now and time is running out too fast. I would recommend no physical activity so I'll get you a wheelchair from the hospital and prepare for the worst to happen," the doctor replied.

"Is that... all we can do?" Kenma asked.

"I'm afraid so... you can go home this afternoon or whenever you're feeling better but that's all I can do... I'm really sorry,"

"..."

"Kenma... I want to say goodbye to everyone... they didn't leave yet, right?" Hinata asked.

"Yeah... I think they're with Kuroo," Kenma answered. "Do you want to go see them or would you rather have them come here?"

"I think I'll go..."

"Okay... I'll call Kuroo to let them know,"

"Hey Kenma..."

"Yeah Shouyo?"

"Can you keep this a secret? I don't want to spend the last two weeks of my life in the hospital..."

"..."

"Kenma...?"

"Okay..." Kenma finally said quietly. "Let's go... I'll call Kuroo while you get ready,"