B

Anyway, earthboundfeather.

I created this alt with the intention to call people out, to shed light on specific instances I feel strongly about. I've become inexplicably attached to the id here, however. The idea that I can be brave, that I can feel my feelings and articulate them with eloquence is a sexy concept with which to play. Regularly, my intelligence acts as my biggest downfall, when it comes to articulating myself. I think with a bigger lexicon than others do, I speak with elevated language, I stutter as I try to dumb myself down when someone asks me to repeat an entire monologue spoken too pedantically.

Writing, though, is different. As my fingers dance the dance my mind puppeteers, my thoughts are allowed to materialize in such a way that the reader may weave through them as I do. When writing in first person, especially, the reader briefly adopts my name and my life and my thoughts— if they are comprehending me and are an active reader rather than a passive reader, as most of you are about to become when I remove you from the plot. You've put yourself in my shoes even if you disagree with the words you read. Forceful commiseration without any act of violence or indeed force, magic, I swear.

Moreover, this account was an exercise in my ability to argue reasonably. I can see exactly where and what language frankly pisses people off and causes them to come undone, and I can also see in parallel where I come undone and pinpoint what exactly boils my anger to fever-pitch, i.e. implementing ad hominems and falsifying an argument based on the credibility of the speaker (in regard to credibility, often, lack thereof).

Created with this purpose, but also a lesser purpose.

I am (I think rightfully) angry about the injustices I see, and while speaking up is one step, acting (not attacking) is the next. I mean to show my regard of worth within those I disagree with by pointing out what they do well as I push their buttons. Up until recently, there has always been something I could identify being done effectively within the argument if the other party. Today, this is not always so— I encounter a speaker indeed breaking every rule of manifesting effective rhetoric, and somehow they are still with the prurience to demand my respect. I've never before encountered people incapable of good, yet I've found curiously that there's an asymmetrical power balance now associated with the idea of a fragment of a person.

"Internet personas" are incomplete and not all encompassing to the character and integrity of a person. Should be treated as a whole person that is round, or how they present themselves, black and white and two-dimensional? I've been a user for a short time now (earthboundfeather is much younger), but I have always loved the colorfulness and friendliness of the wattpad community, with the occasional exception here and there. Lately... have I just outgrown you?

I cannot read minds, I can only build off of what I know ontologically, so I will allow you to read my mind. When I act, it is with a well-planned purpose, a mission, an objective. When I speak it is to make a point. Consequently, unable to see anything other than words of your public bios, your published books, and public activity logs, I can only assume you are knowledgeable and truthful about what you're saying. I take you all to be equals to me in rank and initiative. I believe we all to be writers/lovers of reading.

And then there are those who lie, who create accounts for obscure and strangely selfish 'righteous' causes, for the pursuit of power, for control over young and impressionable minds, for personal gain and etcetera into infinity. I see these injustices, I am aware of patterns, and I am not one to take shit thrown into my face sitting down.

earthboundfeather is a voice of contrarian reason to challenge you to think about what you're doing with the stories you publish and the comments you make. Are you being true to you? Are you allowing others to be true to themselves? Or are you serving a darker cause? Are you a slave to power-hunger?