7- Wonder

5 years ago....

My 9 year old self, homeschooled, and starting to grow. My grandpa asked me to go to the store, and get some supplies. Of course I did.

" Y/N go get a piece of candy " a man says to his daughter I assume.

" Yes sir " the girl hems back. She must be excited to get a piece of candy. My things have all been shoved to the ground by an older kid.

" Get out of my way loser " he comments. I look to see he has walked off with some of his friends. I begin to pick up my stuff, and someone taps me on the shoulder. I turn around to see a girl my age. She has Y/E/C eyes, and long Y/C/H hair.

" Is this yours? " She asks handing me my book. Wonder. Written by R.J. Palacio

" Yeah that is " I say taking the book from her.

" Do you need help? " She asks with picking up a bag.

" Yeah, if you don't mind " I say. " I'm Mike by the way " I add.

" Dad I'll be right back! " The girl screams. " Y/N " she says with a beautiful crooked smile.

" Yes ma'am hurry back sweetie " he tells her. She opens the door for me, and we walk out. We have walked a few down the street.

" Oh lookie, lookie it must be my special day! " The bully says. Oh no. Bowers.

" Henry I'm just trying to get home. My grands are going to get worried about me. " I comment.

" Why will your grands be worried about you, and not your parents? " One of the others ask.

" You're right Patrick, maybe it's because they're 6 feet underground " Henry laughs. Y/N punches him the stomach. Victor grabs her.

" MIKE RUN! " She screams. I start sprinting as fast as I can go. I can hear them behind me. I look back to see Henry holding Y/N. I stop in my tracks, and the boys chasing me trips and falls. " MIKE WHAT ARE YOU DOING RUN! " She screams again. I run back, and I punch him. He falls, and Victor tries to grab me, I punch him.

" I think my nose is broken! " Victor screams as he is crying.

" MIKE RUN! " Y/N tells me.

I run, and run, and run.

I run into someone. " I am so sorry " I tell him.

" Y-y-y-you're g-g-g-good " he stutters.

" Oh-oh okay " I comment catching my breath.

" Wh-wh-why are you r-r-r-running? " He asks.

" Bowers and his idiot friends " I tell him standing up to face him.

" Where's is he? " One of them scream

" HENRY DON'T HURT HIM! " Y/N screams.

" Shut up! " Henry screams. You hear 2 slaps. Then a third one.