Part 23 BlackBird's Past and New Titles

OK this chapter might be a little longer than most. Just so you know

Blackbird cast the spell and disguised herself as a shadow. Her bird wings turned to bat wings and her neat midnight black hair turned spikey. Her skin was a dark grey and her eyes turned a hideous shade of green while her beautiful round pupils turned to slits. She took a look at herself in the mirror and almost shrieked. She looked hideous.

"Don't be afraid little one. Eclipse won't see through you. You're a strong and intelligent Nightingale. Eclipse is an idiot. Just remember, keep calm, and you will do fine. Even if you fail, Dusk and I will still believe in you always." Lunar soothed as he stroked her now spikey hair. Blackbird felt so safe then. Lunar and Dusk were the only two people she could trust and believe in. She adored those two. She loved them with all her heart. She would do anything in her power to help them. She had too.

She stepped up to the gateway. She also had the ability to cross the cold abyss of the Dream Realm. But that only leads to dreams you may be wondering. But think again young reader. It is only a path Lunar or Blackbird could walk through. They spend most of their lives sneaking in the shadows completely unnoticed. Their bodies have adapted to darkness and coldness. Shadows lived in cold and darkness. It was a secret gateway Moon created. Not many knew of it. Only the moon knight and his Nightingale could know.

Blackbird gave one last loving look at Dusk and Lunar. Lunar smiled a beautiful smile as if saying 'you can do it! I believe in you!' Dusk waved goodbye and smiled at her. She felt her body warm with emotion and affection despite it being so cold out. She could feel the precious warmth all the way to her wing tips. She loved this feeling.

Blackbird took a deep breath and swan dove off the ledge and into the moon. She flapped her bat wings and looked back on that elegant castle. She wanted to return. She had to do her best not to get caught. If she got caught, that would mean endless hours of torture then finally death. She would never see those she loved again. She would never get to gawk at Dusk's amazing steam powered inventions ever again. She would never get to fight off shadows in the dream realm with Lunar ever again. She would have failed. Never able to return. She would die by Eclipse's hands.

At least she would see her beloved one last time.

Blackbird had never told anyone but Lunar about him. He was their inside man in the shadow empire. He was one of Eclipse's best men. He was the shadow named Spider.

Blackbird talked to him the night before the mission. He understood the seriousness of it. If he got caught that would mean his death. At least they would be executed together. And likely buried together.

Blackbird soldiered on until she saw the border to the Shadow empire. She saw Spider there guarding it. Luckily it was only him.

"Spider!" She exclaimed as she landed on the dead and marshy ground. She almost forgot what The Shadow Empire looked like. Dead skeleton trees surrounded her and fog was everywhere almost making it impossible to see. The blood red sky sent chills down her spine as she stared up at the terrifying castle that Eclipse and the rest resided in.

"Spider! Its so good to see you!" She said as she embraced him. It was so comforting to know that He was there for her. She looked up into his sapphire blue eyes. Those eyes put a spell on her and made her knees go weak. His black and white hair was spikey but neat. His physique was perfect. He was so strong. Blackbird remembered meeting at the Dream Castle and dancing in the moonlight with him. He was so gentle and graceful. She also remember the night when they got betrothed to each other. He gave her a sapphire necklace and said "When the time is right, we will get married in the moonlight and live our lives together in the moonlight. I will become a Nightingale with you and live our lives freely. I promise I will never betray you. You will always be my little Nightingale."