Eric

I walk into Starbucks with Robert. Robert goes to order me a "Pink Drink" while I go to the table. I most definitely was not ready for this but it was happening. I adjust my dress while I walk up to the table and there he was, Eric Adams. I suddenly get the urge to cry but I hold back my tears and sit down with Eric confidently.

"Hi" Eric says. I swallow a lump down my throat. "Hello Eric, how have you been?" Confidence was the key. I don't want Eric thinking I'm a delusional girl with mental illnesses, he needs to know I'm doing just fine without him. "I'm doing great. I just got of rehab, I'm going to A.A meetings daily, I'm off of drugs and I'm working in business." He smile "Wow. Really? What kind of stuff do you sell?" I say trying to be interested but I'm not really interested in hearing anything he has to say, what he did to me and my mom is not okay and I won't ever forgive him. "Well, me and my friend Morris are selling sports gear. But hopefully we can make enough money and start are own company and produce sports equipment for big sports teams." I nod my head.

Robert walks up to the table and hands me my "Pink Drink". "Thank you Robert." Eric sticks his hand out to Robert. "I'm Eric Adams" Robert takes it " I am Robert Greener." "I assume you are the man who has been taking care of Shannon." "Yes, I am. My wife Rachel and I have taken care of Marie like she is our own." "Marie?" Are you freaking kidding me, how does Eric not to my full name? What is wrong with man? I really hope he doesn't want custody. I don't want to live with someone who doesn't know my freaking name! But once again I stay calm and don't say anything at this point I can just leave Robert to all of the work.

"Yes, her name is Shannon Marie Adams." Robert says with frustration. I already know Robert doesn't really like Eric. "When she was born Elise did everything in her power to keep her away from me, but I was a drug addict so I never listened to anything she had to say but then she filed a restraining order against me so I never knew anything about you, not even your name." I had the urge to cry again but this time I let it all out. "Okay I think it's time for us to go. Thank you for meeting with us today." Robert and I grab our stuff and leave.