"Tell me about the night."

When I got home I had to find a way to get Eric out of my head. I thought maybe I could nap it off but every time I closed my eyes all I could do was relive the scene. My brain was all jumbled up, then I realized I could just call Vicky, she would really help take my mind off of this. I ran down stairs to grab the house phone but I was interrupted by a knock on the door. I called for Robert to answer the door but he told me to do it. I opened the door and asked who it was. "I am Officer Smith, I would presume you are Shannon Marie Adams?" The officer was very tall so I had to look up to talk to her. "Yes I am. Should I go get my foster parents?" "Yes please, I would like to come in to talk and ask a few questions if that is okay." I nod my head yes and let her in. 

Rachel comes from the kitchen with a glass of water and hands it to Officer Smith. "Thank you" Rachel nods. Officer Smith takes a sip of her water. "Okay Shannon Marie, I was looking back on the files of your mothers disappearance. My partner and I came across something strange. I need you to tell me everything about the night of you mother's disappearance." I swallowed hard. "Well my mom and my biological father Eric Adams were in the back room together arguing while I was sitting on the couch on my moms phone watching YouTube. Next thing I knew Eric came out of the room and left the apartment slamming the door behind him. My mother comes up to me with a smile and started watching YouTube with me like it never happened. A few minutes later we get a knock on the door and she disappeared just like that." The officer was writing all of this down on his notepad. "You say she just disappeared?" I nod my head. "Because on the day of the crime our captain talked to a witness who says Eric and Elise left the building together." I look down and think I am really "Lunatic Girl". A light never took my mother, it was my dad! "I that all you know?" I ask. "Yes, for now but my partner and I have some leads on where they might've went." "Thank you, if there is any I can help please contact me." "We will. Bye." 

When I shut the door I did not know how to feel. Should I feel happy because there is still hope my mom might be alive or should I be angry because if something bad did happen to her Eric could be responsible. But I realized I have changed, the old Shannon Marie would have done nothing but the new me will find out the mystery of the light.