Our Worst Nightmare

When I woke up there was a bright light in my face. Like I said I've been through this before, I know what to expect. Even though I knew what to expect I still wanted to get that stupid light out of my face, it was uncomfortable. "Doctor, she's up!" Mrs. Greener shouted. "How are you feeling sweetie?" the doctor asked with relief. I stick my thumb up signaling that i'm doing okay. "I'm Dr. Morrison, do you remember what happened just 3 hours ago?" I shake my head yes. "Good, looks like you didn't suffer from brain damage." he said to himself quietly. "Aren't you going to ask me questions about stuff like my name and my age to make sure i'm not lying?" "You look like the type of kid who wouldn't lie." he said with a smirk. Dr. Morrison was right I don't like lying because the truth will always find it's way out.

 I look over to the door window and I saw police walking up. I nod my head to the door leading Rachel and Robert into the hallway.

 "Rachel Greener?" The police man ask "Yes, I am her" she replies. "Can you tell me what happened, in full detail please?" "Yes, of course. Last night Shannon decided she did not want to go to her sharing group anymore. So my husband, Robert Greener and I wanted to see if there was a problem at the group meetings. We called her group leader outside so we wouldn't worry her. I promise you officer we did not know Marie would do something like this." The officer looked at Rachel and Robert with worry. "Ma'am I am very aware of Shannon's mental health conditions and we don't think she is getting enough special help." The officer says in disappointment. "What are you saying?" I looked out of the door window, trying too catch what they were talking about. I could tell by the instinct yelling that Rachel was not happy with what the officer had to say. "We found Shannon's biological father. We told him about her hospitalization and mental health." I was still staring out the window. The officer must have said something to make Mrs. Greener march back into the room with both anger and sorrow. She looked at me and said, "our worst nightmare is coming true."