Chapter 3: Show Me

Y/N's P.O.V

It was early morning. I was in my apartment enjoying some cereal and again I was watching last night's show of my debut.

I am so proud of myself

Because not only did I kill that performance...

Not only did my album sales go up...

Not only did I gain more fans...

But I also seem to turn heads. Taemin's head to be exact.

Last night he asked about me. I know that doesn't seem like much, but it's enough to make my heart flutter.

I was watching and eating until my phone started to ring. I saw that it was my manager so I picked up my phone.

"Hey Saybeol". I said as I put my tv on mute. "What's up"?

"I just wanted to make sure you were up and energized for today cause I want you to work up a sweat in the practice room if you want  an award soon". Saybeol stated.

"You already know I am already down for it Saybeol". I stood up with my phone between my should and ear and I began walking to put my empty bowl in the sink.

"Good sweetheart. I already informed your backup dancers, so go to S.M. and I'll see you in a little while". Saybeol said.

"Okay see you later". I hung up the phone and went to my bathroom to freshen up for practice.

After I dried myself I put on clothes to practice with ( This is what you wore, which ever one you like the best ⬇️).

I packed a bottle of water and light snack in a bag and proceeded to leave my apartment. I took a taxi to the S.M. building.

•Thirty Minuets Later•

The cab finally dropped me off at the building. I paid my cab fare and went inside the building.

I was walking through the halls until I reached the one of the dance rooms that was reserved for me and my dancers

I entered in the room and already see my dancers stretching and warming up.

"Good morning guys"  I waved at everyone and joined them warming up. "Are you guys ready to get to it".

One of my male dancers slide near me. "Yeah, I even got new ideas for the routine".

"Great, I'm all for it. Now everyone get up and let's start practicing". I instructed my dancers to get up and they did.

We all got in our places and I begin to count. "5-6-7-8...."

Author's P.O.V

Y/N and her dancers were practicing nonstop.

Their practice consist of new dance moves, cleaner movements, and perfection routines.

You can tell she really wants to improve in the k-pop world.

While Y/N and her crew have been practicing for hours someone decided to show up for their practice just now.

Taemin's P.OV

I arrived at the building with my group members.

We were on our way to one of the practice rooms until we heard loud music coming from a practice room from the opposite of where we were going.

Key went to the door of where the sound was coming from but then got stopped by Minho. "Key what are you doing"?

Key turned back to Minho. "Come on, I can't be the only one curious into who's playing the music".

He's not wrong, the song sounded really good.

Onew chimed in. " Curiosity killed the cat".

Key sighed. "You guys speak as if there's a gang in there playing loud music".

I laughed at that.

Key began to open the door and the four of us began to peep through the crack of the door and we saw her.

It was the new idol. Y/N I remembered that is her name. She was dancing with her crew.

Author's P.O.V

As SHINee was peeking in Y/N's study session, Y/N was still engrossed in her practice to even notice.

"All right guys, let's try again. 5-6-7-8...". As Y/N began to restart the music she turned around and saw four guys peeping into the room.

Y/N's P.O.V

As me and my crew were about to do our routine for the sixth time. I caught a glimpse at who was at the door. It was four guys...

It was SHINee.

Oh my god. Y/N be cool. Act natural. "Can I help you guys"?

They stood there surprised for the moment. But then Minho shoved Key forward to speak for the group. "Oh...well...we are SHINee". They all smiled.

"I know exactly who you guys are" I smiled at all of them. "I am Y/N".

I looked at Taemin. He smiling sat me and then he spoke. "It's good to see you again Y/N".

My smile got even wider. "It's nice to see you again too".

It was silent for the moment. A little awkward. But I came back to my senses as I remembered what I am here to do.

"It's nice to officially meet all of you, but me and my dancers have to get back to practice". I said as they nodded in understanding.

"For sure, you guys have a lot of brushing up to do". Key said.

Wait what?

Brushing up???

What's that supposed to mean?

"Excuse me"? I crossed my arms and turned all my attention to Key. He seemed to noticed my change in attitude.

"I mean, practice makes perfect". He smiled innocently.

"And you can do better". After that was said everybody's jaw dropped.

Did I just challenge Key of SHINee.

Key began to laugh. "Sweetheart, I've been dancing since you were in elementary".

I mocked his laugh. "Oh yeah......

Show me".

~

A/N: "Oh yeah!!!!! Dance battle"!!!!!