Chapter 4: Dance Battle

AUTHOR'S P.O.V

Key was a little taken a back at what Y/N had challenged him to do. "What did you just say". he said.

Y/N smirked. "You heard me, me and you battle it out. Right here, right now". Y/N and Key had a little stare off and then Y/N broke the silence. "Or how about we make it more interesting".

Now Y/N was circling around the whole entire group. "I say, how about you and your entire group face me and my group. Newbies versus Veterans. What do you say"?

Key was intrigued by the whole idea. He didn't know rookies could be this cocky, especially this early into fame. "That is a tempting idea, but we got rehearsals to get to". Key said. Taemin came from behind him and interrupted. "Yes, we really can't be late to practice".

Y/N began to smile at their behaviors. She began ball her fist and placed them above her waist. She then started flapping them "b-b-buck b-b-buck, I hear chickens". She continued doing what she was doing. "Don't tell me the very great Shinee group is afraid to go up against the very great rookie".

TAEMIN'S P.O.V

This girl had moxie. Key looked back at me and the rest of the group. He didn't seem too into the idea. He was going to speak until I interrupted.

"You're on"!

The guys looked at me and I shrug. "Come on guys, let's give this rookie what she has been asking for". They finally took consideration. "Fine, let's do it" Minho said.

Y/N P.O.V

The guys started putting down all of their belongings and taking up some room on the dance floor.

"You boys are in for a rude awakening". I said crossing my arms.

Taemin then got closer to me. "Ladies first".

I mimicked his motions . "I think you meant to say losers first". If we get any closer we are going to be on top of each other.

Not that I wouldn't like that.

"So let's start". Onew interuppted.

Shinee went first:

AUTHOR'S P.O.V
Y/N and the rest of her crew began to clap. "Well, that was cute". Y/N said smiling.

Taemin was suprised at her comment. "Cute? You know we had sick moves". He clapped back at her.

Y/N slightly pushed Taemin back in line with the rest of his group members. "Step back, and let me show you how it's done". Me and the rest of my dancers got into positions (start at 1:13):

Y/N's P.O.V

My chest was coming up and down as I finished the dance. The guys looked at me in awe. They all began to clap for me.

"Y/N, that was amazing, where did you learn to dance like that"? Key said.

"I just picked up the skill as I got older". I giggled and then I looked at Taemin.

"Well, it's clear who the winner is, and it's you". Everyone including him began to clap. "Not bad for rookie, in fact not bad at all". He smiled.

I smiled back at him. "Thanks, that means a lot coming from you".

"Congrats, it's been fun we should do this more often, now we have to go to practice". Key said. Key and the rest of the guys left my practice room except for Taemin.

"Is there something else you need?" I asked.

Taemin just kept his smile

"I just wanted to say I think your a great dance, but you can do better"?

I took consideration in his words. "So, you think I need more practice". I asked.

"I would be glad to give you some pointers". He suggested. 

I became thoughtful. "Okay, what do you think I should do"? I asked.

"I could tell you on and on about some techniques but I rather just show, if you have the free time". He suggested.

Getting free dance lessons from Taemin himself. I would love to. But I gotta sound cool. "You know what, I could move some stuff around to make it happen". I played off. I heard some of my dance scoffing behind me as if they knew I was trying to play it cool.

"Great, you got a number for me to contact you on". he asked.

"Yeah it's XXX-XXX-XXXX".

"I'll contact you to let you know it's me, but until then i'll see you around". He then wave goodbye to me then left the practice room.

I just gave my number to Lee Taemin.....