[0] ➳♡ PROLOGUE

[0] ➳♡ PROLOGUE

        HAVE YOU EVER ENTERED AN AIR-CONDITIONED BUILDING ON A 90 DEGREE DAY AND TOUCHED A WALL THAT HELD A COLD THAT HAD BEEN SO UNBEKNOWNST TO YOU THAT IT FILLED YOU WITH SURPRISE? The Metal Boys were that unsuspected cold, so shocking and refreshing—but they had fire in their eyes and no one's Mothers were there to tell anyone who attended Hendrix High to not go near it. The thing about these boys was that they were the shocking cold, but also the simmering day. They refreshed and tortured you at the same time. So many girls roamed the halls with burnt hearts and cold hands because they did not know that with or without intention, pain spreads pain. Perhaps, all the Metal Boys needed were people who knew how to control a fire. However, in this day and age, everyone's setting themselves afire without knowledge of how to put their selves out.

Ashton Irwin was the head of the Metal Boys as he was the oldest. He was the most sought after because of it, his senior status giving him a certain fame to the girls younger and even the same age as him. He knew everything that happened inside the walls of Hendrix High, though he barely knew what happened inside the walls of his mind. Nonetheless, he was seen as the leading figure of the Metal Boys that everyone in the school knew everything and nothing about.

Michael Clifford was the lips. This was solely because he got others to make use of their own—most of the time after using his, of course. He obtained whatever information he'd like through means that were noticeable and talked about thoroughly throughout the school; he wore hickeys like a necklace. They were arranged differently each week and he was rarely seen without the color purple wrapped around his neck (and God knows what other places). His paper white skin was a canvas splattered with purples that whispered to his neck or sometimes yelled at the bottom of one of his eyes. That boy was always marked with a story of love or hate—or sometimes, both.

Luke Hemmings was the eyes. He was a part of the silent duo in the Metal Boys, not speaking many words unless he felt like doing so. Because of his silence he was able to observe everything around him, picking up on the things that no one else did. He could easily figure things out through talking to others but for a reason unknown to the public and even the rest of the Metal Boys, he did not. He seemed to lack a desire for communication—or anything, in that case.

Calum Hood was the ears, though he didn't want to be. He listened to every word, every sentence, every paragraph that flew around him; he heard the things meant to pass into ears that didn't belong to him. He was also the second half of the silent duo, being completely silent in school, rarely touching any work given to him. The boy wasn't a mute but it seemed on school grounds, he refused to talk. It was said that he spoke outside of school though even then, he didn't speak much. School seemed to silence him like an angry look from a parent. He never raised his hand or responded to teachers or even took notes. No one was sure he even had a notebook. His parents had been contacted by the school countless times and referred to therapists but he refused to be put through therapy. He (silently) insisted what was wrong with him was not medical, but emotional, and they were still trying to understand how they could help.

Now, these four boys weren't a gang. They were simply a named and branded glorified group of teenage boys who held a mystery to them that they themselves had trouble solving. They worked to know a school that thought they knew them when they themselves barely knew them. It was because of how terribly cold they were that they resided by the name the Metal Boys. Hendrix highschoolers believed the boys to be made of metal. Whoever made them, it's said, forgot to put in a heart—but they've got hearts, whether they know it or not. And all their complication lie in its veins.

➳                author's note                ♡

ALRIGHT, SO I KNOW I'VE BEEN POSTING IDEAS LIKE CRAZY, BUT I AM BEYOND EXCITED FOR THIS ONE. I'M GONNA POSTED ANOTHER FIC IDEA THAT I'M ALSO SO EXTREMELY MAJORLY EXCITED FOR CAUSE IT HAS THIS AWESOME CAST AND EVERYTHING AND I REALLY HOPE YOU GUYS  CHECK IT OUT WHEN I POST IT.  I'M SO EXCITED FOR THIS BECAUSE THE ROMANCES THAT I'VE PLANNED ARE GONNA BE AWESOME AND THERE'S GONNA BE SO CHARACTER DEPTH AND I'M JUST PICKLED (I DON THTINK I USED THT RIGHT) PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT IF YOU LIKE THIS THNX

Belle