J U N E W E D D I N G

*Skye's POV*
"I brought you all here tonight because I have a very important question to ask you." I said as I stood up from the table with a glass of champagne on my hand.
We were at the Mystic Grill, having a "girl's night". I looked around the table at everyone: Caroline, Elena, Bonnie, Rebekah, and Alice.
"What's up, Skye? Is everything okay?" Elena asked me.
"Everything is perfect. I have my favourite girls here tonight. And I was wondering if all of you would be my bridesmaids for the wedding." I announced.
Every single one of them squealed, to which we got a few dirty looks from other tables.

"Yes!!!" They all said in unison.
"But wait!" I exclaimed, interrupting their squealing. "Caroline, I'd like you o be my Maid of Honour. You've been amazing help so far with planning the wedding."
Caroline stood up, holding her glass of champagne, and I saw her eyes full with tears.

"It would be my pleasure!" She told me before pulling me into a hug. "So what colour bridesmaids dresses were you thinking?"
"I was thinking red." I told her before finishing the rest of my champagne. Caroline poured me another glass as she smiled and nodded her head.
"I definitely look great in red." She said, flicking her hair over her shoulder.

"Do you know who Klaus wants to be his best man?" Rebekah asked me.
"I don't know. I think he's having a hard time choosing." I told her.

Klaus had had a rocky relationship with his brothers, you know, because of the whole "evil hybrid" thing. He had been conflicted about who to ask to be his best man for a while now. At one point, he even asked me if it would be acceptable to not have a best man at all!

***

Later that night, I walked into my house a little bit tipsy. If it wasn't for Damon marrying us, I would've asked him to give me away. The only person left to give me away was now Stefan. But he completely hated the idea of me marrying Klaus Mikaelson.

"You're home early. Did you have a good night?" Damon asked me as he poured himself a glass of bourbon at the parlour.
"Yeah it was fun. They're all so excited to be my bridesmaids. And Caroline is going to be a fantastic Maid of Honour." I told him as I sat down on the sofa. "Have you seen Stefan?"
"Stefan? I think he's in his bedroom." Damon told me.
I smiled at him before heading upstairs to find my twin.

"Stefan?" I called from the landing.
"In here." He replied from his room.
I opened the door and entered, before sitting down at his desk. He was standing at his bookshelf, reading some of his old diaries.
"Stefan, I have a question to ask you . . ." I said.
My brother turned round too look at me. Carefully, put the diary back into the bookshelf in its chronological order.
"What?" He asked me, sitting down on the edge of his bed.

I took a deep breath. I was scared of how he'd react. I wasn't sure if he'd refuse and get angry at me for even thinking he would say yes. Or would he be overjoyed and say yes?

Only one way to find out.

"I'd like you to give me away at my wedding." I announced.
Stefan stood up suddenly without saying a word. Probably out of shock. He stared down at the ground with wide eyes.
"Stefan?" I asked, worriedly.
After at least a minute of awkwardness, I stood up from the chair and slowly walked towards him.

"I . . . I would love love to." He whispered.
"You would?" I asked.
"Of course. I never thought you'd ask me because of how judgemental I've been about your relationship with Klaus. I'm sorry, Skye. I just want you to be happy. But I swear if he ever ever hurts you in any way, I will kill him." Stefan warned.
I nodded my head.

Stefan was going to give me away!

*Klaus's POV*

"Finally, you're home. I was starting to worry that you'd run away or something." I joked as Elijah walked into the lounge.
"What's up with you? You never try to joke." Elijah sighed as he sat down.
I wasn't even going to ease into it. I had made my decision. I just wanted to get it out already.

"Will you be my best man?" I asked him.
"What?" He asked, taken aback. "You want me to be your best man?"
"I couldn't think of anyone better for the role of best man at my wedding." I confessed.
"Nicklaus, it would be an honour." He told me.

I looked my brother in the eyes.
"Thank you." I said before pouring myself a drink.

A/N:

Hi, everyone! I have started writing a new story (not a fanfic) called 'Old Flame'. I would love it if you checked it out! 

Thank you x