Unique: The Story Of A Hair Color

A world where each person is born with a colorful hair. The color changes based on things the person goes through (can't be forced to change, or dyed), it's one color only (per person/hair) and it's a color that's a part of the rainbow.

What happens when you're born different? Girl 2 was. Hers was really dark, almost black. Her parents thought it's some darker blue or purple but it never changed to look like one so they insisted on keeping it short. People have always looked at her in a mixture of disgust and loathing. She wasn't like them. She was different and in this world it wasn't a good thing. She never understood why. It didn't affect them and it was none of their business.

Walking down the street, gazes fix on her. She doesn't care. Her earphones are in her ears. She can't hear them. She isn't looking at them in the eyes, only in front of herself. She's walking. She's got somewhere to be. She checks the time on her phone and curses under her breath. She speads up.

She's avoided and bullied at school but she would much rather have those terrible close-minded people hate her instead of be friends with her. She pays no attention to them. They're not worth her time. She's smart and determined, used to it all.

A new girl gets added to her class, girl 2. She's kind of the opposite. She's scared of people's opinion. An anxious mess. Her hair is pastel pink and it's also pretty short.

She sticks to girl 1 since they have that in common. Both are disliked outsiders. Girl 1 teaches her her ways of not minding the people, loving yourself, being unique and different. Both let their hair grow long.