Permission For Leave

"Cydney, can we please turn on music radio!"

"No," she replied, "This is a serious mission, once we get back to the Silica and deliver the samples, you can go to your chambers and listen to whatever."

"Cydney, I love ya girl," said Nate, "But I'm not going to listen to the transport feed for a 5 hour transport trip."

He started to bypass the system and set up the feed.

"Alright, Nate!" Craig shouted.

There were 7 of them aboard the mini transport vessel, drifting in the Eastern part of the galaxy. Nate was Tech programmer I.C. (In charge), Veronica- I.C. of samples, Nora- I.C. Diplomacy, Craig I.C.- Weaponry/Tech, Belgel- Security, and Cydney I.C.- Transport.

Alan was Commander Overseer of Vessel and would normally sit up front next to Cydney but was in the back studying for his Commander-in-training 2nd class exams having used the trip as cover for more time to study.

Belgel instead sat next to Cydney as the rest of the crew fiddled restlessly.

"Nate, do not override the system!" Cydney said, "It will show up on the log and we'll get an investigation."

"Nobody's going to care Cydney, and I'm good at covering my tracks anyway," he said, "There!"

Music filled the vessel and the rest of the crew cheered.

"Alan!" Cydney said.

"I need a mental break Cydney, you'll live," he replied.

"What's wrong Cyd," Nora said swaying her seat, "you don't like Bitclairian music?"

"I heard they use sound waves from a collapsing star sped up and then rewound," Craig said.

The radio announcer came back on, 'ANNND, that was the number two track in the galaxy, 'Creation- collapsed' by Sound Effects and More. All the way from Bitclairia, brrrr, I would not want to be in their frozen tundra right now'

'And now for the Number 1 song. Now remember the number one song is new to hit the charts, voted on by you the listeners, and revealed at the end of the week and that is today folks. Now let's see if we can guess who has the spot!

~Dramatic music~

'They're a relatively new species but have proven themselves time and again, and their rate of development- fascinating! Let's see if this lucky caller can correctly answer the #1 track trivia question.'

'Hello?' a timid voice said.

'Hello there lucky caller, now tell us, which planet in the #1 spot today now has the majority of Its people living off the actual planet?'

'Um, oh wow, I think um, let's see the Phaeloes were recently in the news for a mass resettlement, so can't be them, so I'm going to have to go with...Earth, is it Earth?'

'It is, it is! You have won a vacation to Earth, and gosh it's a great time to be going because Earth will be doing a mass resettlement as well, and yes you get to see the planet fresh and clean all from the luxury of the Crystal..Glass Scan...de? Is it Scan di? Yes, Scan-di-navian Cruises.'

'Yay!' the caller said.

"Wooo, Earth represent!" Shouted Nate. Everyone, except for Cydney and Belgel, were from Earth.

An upbeat synthwave style song came on and filled the vessel.

"Earth Earth Earth Earth!" they all chanted as Cydney sat stone faced in her chair until she scowled at Belgel who started nodding along.