eighteen ✧ || trust

"Take him to the exit." Snow snapped in Blackwind's direction, trotting up the stairs. Their first necessity was getting The Professor out of the building. Then, from there, they could start to locate who — or what — was causing this.

They wandered up the stairwell in quiet, stern determination. They were alert, they were focused, but most importantly they were ready.

"We need a plan." Snow grumbled, pausing as he watched Blackwind split from the group, ducking down a separate hallway to bring their supervisor to safety. The blonde hesitated, waiting for the male to return before laying out their game plan.

"I think our first priority should be getting people out of the building." Chaos claimed softly, stepping forward from behind him to look Snow in the eye. "We can find the shooter after."

Snow, his gaze stern and intense, offered a nod. "You're right. We should probably split up."

Only a beat later, when Blackwind returned, did the planning begin.

"This school is huge," Fury sighed, adjusting his glasses in stress against the bridge of his nose. "How are we going to cover it all?"

"We'll split into groups of two." Chaos claimed, her stance firm and secure amidst the stress each group member seemed to be radiating. "Our priority is to get students and staff out of here as quickly as possible. But if you see the shooter, take them down. Don't ask questions."

Snow could feel his jaw part seeing the brunette take such swift lead. It amazed him that despite the stress, despite the panic every member of their group faced, she took it and used it as fuel to her dedication to have their first mission be a success. Turning to glance over the rest of the group, he could see their reactions were the same.

With a prideful smile adoring his jaw, he nodded. "You got it, boss."

Chaos, feeling a kind smile work onto her features, pushed herself to continue. "Fury and Blackwind should take the staff rooms and attached hallways. The twins should take the basement, that way Snow and I can cover upper classrooms and hallways."

Rogue — otherwise known as Noah — nodded, the shock swiped from his face and replaced with seriousness. "Let's do it."

While none of them could complain about someone taking charge, they all found shock in that one of the quietest members of their group — by far the most secluded — had so swiftly taken charge.

Maybe it was because none of the other members were calm enough to take control. Maybe in private The Professor had designated her to lead. Deep down, despite all this, Snow knew exactly why.

She had seen enough in her life to know how to remain calm in times of distress. Being thrust into situations in which would drown the average person in anxiety were casual to her, and so she was able to sideline any of her doubts and focus herself entirely on what needed to be done. It was both a blessing and a curse.

Yes, she was able to hopefully lead their group to success, but she wasn't able to be on the same emotional level as the rest of them. When tragedy became a constant in one's life, nothing became a tragedy. Such a mentality is a dangerous one.

Watching every Overtimer glance down the same hallway, the one leading to one of the upper floors of the school, Snow's thoughts seized.

"Let's do it." Blackwind — Dustin — claimed, giving a quick fist bump to Jay — code named Ace — and a pat on Snow's back, both silent pleads to remain safe.

"Our watches are all on," Snow started, turning to study the four members of their group before they could vanish. "Call someone if you need help." With a firm nod, his gaze winding into a tight stare, he continued. "We're in this together."