Forget Me

9 a.m.

It's the same thing every morning.

"What the hell Aoi? Get the fuck away from me!"

"Ruki, please! Just listen-"

"No! You better start-" He angrily growled, slipping into a pair of faded blue jeans. "-explaining why the hell you were sleeping with me!"

I stared into his furious blue eyes with tears in my own. He always forgets the most important things. His internal clock wakes him up at nine every morning. It's the same time he woke up on the day where everything changed. Since then, his yelling has become a daily routine. Only for me, it never gets any easier.

"I mean for god's sake," he continues pulling a dark grey shirt over his head, "Uruha's the one who has the hots for you!"

I desperately cut him off. "Ruki you've got to listen to me!"

But he doesn't.

"I see the way he looks at you during practice! You can't honestly tell me you don't feel it too! It obviously pisses off Reita-"

He goes on like this while he gets dressed as if I'm not even there. All I can do is try to break through and listen. I've heard the words so many times I could say them without a second thought and mimic the exact emotion he releases. Though I have gotten used to having this happen, it still hurts. How could it not? When you love someone who is so lost…

"-and Kai is in love with Reita! Why can't you just ask Uruha out so Reita can finally get a grip and notice Kai?"

He's so very lost. I know what's coming. It always happens this way and I can't stop it. He froze suddenly, staring down at his right hand. His eyes flashed to me frantically and the shock on his face broke my heart.

"What the hell is this?" He exclaimed, appearing horrified. "This can't be what I think it is!" He looked to me again, his eyes piercing right through me. "Tell me it's not Aoi!"

"I…" The words felt heavy on my tongue. What was I to say? What could I say? "…I can't."

"What do you mean you can't?"

I choked back my tears. My vision fell on the bedside clock.

10 a.m.

Right on schedule.

"Ruki, we're married."

"No!" He cried, pulling the ring off his finger and chucking it at me. "No! No! No! No! No!"

I watched him helplessly as he shook his head and wildly paced back and forth. I saw the tears in his eyes but could do nothing to stop them. Right about now he'd begin to remember what happened. I sat in our bed knowing what I had to do. His memory wouldn't fully awaken until I filled in the blanks. I exhaled heavily just as he focused on me again.

"Why are you lying to me?"

I shook my head, closing my eyes momentarily for a fraction of a second. "I'm not Ruki. You have to believe me. I would never-"

"Stop lying! Tell me the truth! Did you get me drunk last night? Is that how you managed to pull this off? There is no way I'd fucking marry you-" I winced. "-when I know Uruha's in love with you!"

"Uruha is dead!" Even to this day, those words never get an easier to say.

He stammered, not knowing how to reply. But his memories were flooding in. I could tell by the expression on his stunning face. "…what? He's…"

"Two years ago Ruki. The two of you-"

"I was with him?" His mood had completely changed. There was a dazed look to his eyes and I felt my heart swell. It was going to come back. The more I said… bit if I didn't…