Chapter 8: Troll cave

((Katiea POV))

I walked between the brothers toward a cave...you better believe me when I say...this cave smelled like a goblins butt.

I almost threw up as I quickly covered my mouth and nose. "Ugh, it reaks what is this place?" I asked desperately. "This my dear Katiea, is a Troll cave." Gandalf said. I was a little confused "the trolls stay here during the day so they don't turn to stone." Fili said, I nodded. All of us scattered around looking at various items in the cave. I went off on my own and looked more deeply into the cave. There, I found a silver chest. Rather large to say the least.

I noticed the lock and sighed then got an idea. I ran back up and found Dwalin standing with Balin. "Mr. Dwalin! Can you help me?" He looked at me, "with?" "Well...I was wondering if you could break the lock on this chest I found for me since you have that giant hammer thing." He nodded and followed me. I led him to the chest, "okay be careful, don't hit the chest...just the lock." I backed away and backed right up into Balin who had followed us. Dwalin easily smashed the lock and I squealed in excitement like a small child. Balin laughed as I ran and eagerly opened the chest. "Whoa...." I whispered, I couldn't believe my eyes, these where the most beautifully crafted weapons I've ever seen in my entire life. "What is it?" Dwalin asked. I looked at the sword which was still in it's case and pulled it out. Balin and Dwalin closed in. "Wow..." Balin said. "Pull it out." Dwalin said. I pulled the sword out and gazed in awe at the stunning blade. "I...I can't even comprehend this swords beauty." I said staring at it in a trance. It had a beautiful vine like pattern enraved in the silver blade, it had a white handle with small emerald gems. It was my perfect size too...

"Why I haven't seen one of those blades in a very long time." Gandalf said coming to our little group, shortly followed by Thorin. "Is it elvish? It seems to small...but it's so beautiful it has to be!" I said. "No my dead, that it a sword crafted by an extinct race....that is a Astarot warrior blade." I gasped. "I've heard if them!! Their the most phenomenal fighters to ever walk middle earth! The elves would be lucky to even come close to their skill!" I shrieked in joy. Gandalf chuckled and nodded. "However, a blade chooses the one who wields it. It will burn whoever is does not deem fit." I looked at it...but felt to burn or anything, it felt perfect in my grasp. "It isn't burning me...does...does that mean I can use it?" Gandalf nodded. "And whatever is in the chest as well you may use. The Astarot's always made sets of weapons, all with the same ability and they will all work with the same person. The matter is that a weapon will only serve one person until they die, then they wait for their next master. They are special, the have a thirst to fight so that know where to swing and hit their mark, they just need someone to guide them." I smiled widely. "Does that mean I'm their master or something!? I get to guide them!!" Gandalf nodded "it would appear so." I smiled and he left me to looked at my new weapon.

I set it softly on the ground and leaned back over into the large trunk. Inside I found : throwing knives, dagger, a beautiful bow, arrows with a carrier, a small hatchet, and an axe. All beautiful, I also found...a small box.

I grabbed the box and looked at it. "What is that?" I jumped hearing Thorin's voice. "Oh, I thought I was alone. Uh...not sure....should I open it?" I asked him. He nodded in reply. I opened it to fine a beautiful necklace, it had a golden chain with a shining rainbow like gem. "Oh my god....it's stunning." I whispered then showed it to Thorin. His eyes widened, "wow..." He said. "here, I'll put it on you." I smiled and nodded. He went behind me and took the necklace. I moved my hair until he hooked it. It felt perfect...almost as though it was meant to be. Suddenly I felt odd. I noticed two belts appeared around my waist and across my chest and my weapons where starting to glow as did my skin was shining and I felt a tight band around my arm and it had a symbol on it. It was silver dragon. "Should I ask Gandalf what just happened?" Thorin nodded with wide eyes looking at my now shining skin I was about to move until I realized what the belts where for. I reached and grabbed the six throwing knives and strapped them into the belt, along with the dagger, I strapped on the bow and arrows and slid the hatchet onto my waist. I looked on the ground and saw my grandfathers dagger I had brought with my from home. "I don't have anywhere to put my dagger..." I said sadly. "I'll hold it if you want." Thorin offered. "This is the only thing I have to remember my grandfather...can I trust you you won't lose it?" Thorin nodded. "Swear on your life? Because if you do I will never speak or look at you again." I said holding the dagger close to my heart. "Katiea, I swear I won't lose it." I slowly handed it over to him, he took it and slid it into his belt under his fur coat. "You look pretty good with weapons. I hope you know how to use them." Thorin said. I glared at him. "I'm sure I can learn how! I'm a pretty fast learned and I already know how to use a sword! Thank you very much!" I said turned and looking at the King. "You need to have more respect for me." He deadpinned towards my face. "Well I'm sick of you picking on me!!! You know being me to people is going to bite you in the ass one day!" He went wide eyed at my language but then grinned. "Your a tough one. Normally people would back down." I rolled my eyes. "Why are you picking on me so much?" I asked backing away as to look at him. "Because you need tough love. I don't think you realize how dangerous this journey is, and the height of it's importance." I looked away. "Of course I know. Look....I just don't want my first time being able to leave the shire and actually live my life to be misery...I know that this journey is very serious and important...but both of us know it can be fun as well." I looked up at him and just stared.

((Thorin POV))

I looked back into her shining green eyes and stared. "Your first time leaving the shire? You've never been anywhere before?" She shook her head. "No...I haven't so I was very excited to meet you guys...and get the opportunity to do something that would give meaning to my life...even if I die doing it."

I felt bad for her...I actually felt bad. That doesn't change the fact that she needs to be disciplined. "You still need discipline. Im only trying to keep you safe!" She looked at me and I saw instant sorrow in her eyes. "Trust me Mr. Oakenshield...I've felt the merciless hand of discipline many times...more than I should have, and I don't need you looking out for me! I don't need you at all. You can get out of my life for all I care! I can handle myself. " She looked down and I saw a tear streak down her face. She quickly turned away and ran out of the cave.

I went after her but was stopped when I saw some swords in a chest next to me. I examined the sword and was joined by Gandalf. "These are elvish swords." I felt instant disgust and went to throw the sword back. "You could not wish for a finer blade!" Gandalf said. I pulled the sword out and looked at it. It was honestly a beautiful blade. I took it and walked outside to see no sign of Katiea but I assumed she was just behind someone out of my sight.