chapter 1

Elizabeth's pov :

second day of school. summer was incredible, it gave me a chance to breathe. to get away from everyone and everything. i spent most of it in rome and hawaii, how much i loved it. spending time alone, i felt so .. free. how i loved rome, all the lights, the buildings, the shops, explorings one of my favorite things to do. hawaii, the beaches are beautiful. walking around it was so incredibly fun. but now, back to reality.

i was hoping that everything would die down during those two months of summer, well everything having to do with me.

i walked into school, as all eyes immediately landed on me as i stepped in. most of the time they would smile and wave, but this time.. it was different. they were just staring. I walked over to Aubrey Nicole and Claire. They all went silent right as i arrived.

"hey guys" i smiled and leaned in to give Aubrey a hug. She slightly pushed me away. "what, what did i do why is everyone acting so weird" i asked.

"you know what you did"
those five words came out of their mouths, all three of them, at the same exact time.
"what ? care to explain please ?" i begged. "Elizabeth. please just stay away from us for now on. thank you" claire very rudely said as they all walked away.

I looked around, everyone staring. i felt like breaking down, what did i do ? i questioned myself. I quickly walked to the bathroom and locked myself in a stall, i cried from the embarrassment and humiliation i was just put through, mainly because i've never experienced it before.

20 minutes after

i unlocked the stall and stepped out as i stared at myself in the mirror, my makeup was ruined my eyes were bright red and i was a whole mess.

i fixed myself as much as possible, i grabbed my backpack and books and began to walk to the door, i walked out looking down at the floor just rewinding that humiliating moment over and over. everyone staring, people laughing.

next thing i knew all my books were on the floor and my forehead was in pain. then i realized i had just bumped into someone, great.

"omg i'm so sorry, it was my fault i wasnt looking strai-" i looked up at him admiring all his facial features and completely zoned out. "no no this is my fault i wasnt looking right i'm so sorry" he bent down and gather all my books and handed them to me.

"thank you so much" i recieved the books and immediately zoned back in and came back to reality. "oh i'm elizabeth martínez by the way, well my friends call me liz" i stuck out my hand to shake his.
"hi liz, i'm julian, julian jara nice to meet you" we shook hands.

I smiled, but noticed that i've never seen him around before, which is odd because i know basically everyone in freshman, sophomore, and junior year. was he a senior ?

"hey, i've never seen you around, are you like a senior or new to the school ?" i asked as i immediately realized how insanely creepy that must've sounded.

"haha yea, both. i'm a senior and new here. i just moved here to california, what about you ?" he asked.

"ohh, i'm a freshman haha" i'm so awkward and he's like three years ahead of me. i'm on my first year of highschool while he's on his LAST. love that !

"really ? what you look older ? but can you please help me ? i'm kinda lost and don't know where to go" he asked.

i look over at his schedule

"um let me see, omg we have the same class for that period, we have art. it's room 37b come with me i'll take you" i smiled as he smiled back.

yea freshman's and seniors can have mixed classes, well atleast in rosewood high.

We were outside the classroom, i took a deep breath as i already predicted what was going to occur next. all eyes were going to land on me, and i had that class with Aubrey. I was so scared of walking in.

"what's wrong ? aren't we gonna go in ?" he asked. "yeah sorry, i'm just-" i stopped talking and looked inside the class through the window. "just what ? what's wrong ?" he said. "i'm scared, i just don't want the same thing to happen again." my eyes watered.

"wait i'm confused, what happened ? did someone do something to you?"
"come on let's go in, i'll explain later" i replied.

we walked in, everything happened as i predicted. all eyes landed on me as i walked in. we walked over to two empty seats.

"let's sit here" he said. those seats were right next to Aubrey. "okay" i sat down as i looked over at Aubrey talking to Madison, both glancing at me. it felt like everyone was.

it made me feel horrible, never had i ever experienced something like this before. not to sound bratty or whatever but it was usually me and them doing that to others, my intentions weren't to make them feel like that. i didn't even want to talk about people that way.

Julian must've noticed what was going on and looked over at me.

"who are they ?" he asked. "some mean girls, some really mean girls." at that point i felt like breaking down again, i felt like everyone constantly turned around to look at me in disgust. i felt like i was hated my every single person in that room, except for obviously, julian.

That's basically how it was for the other 2 periods, the only difference is that julian wasn't in them, and i was pretty much alone. but now its finally lunch.

i walked to an empty lunch table, i saw Nicole walking my way with a tray of food, as if she was going to come talk to me or something. i tried looking away but right as i did, i felt her purposely flip her tray and make all her food land on me.

bitch.

spaghetti was smeared all over my yellow cropped shirt, and milk all over my jeans.

"WHAT THE FUCK NICOLE?!" i yelled, at that moment i felt like yanking every strand of hair off her head one by one.

All attention was on us, but mainly me.