chapter 7

the strangest thing happened ..

julian and i were walking to the mall, that's right besides the theatre. i saw this guy, something about him seemed so familiar. i looked at him and we made immediate eye contact.

he was walking towards me, when he was close to me he whispered, "miami was crazy, let's do it again sometime" he whispered into my ear then walked around me.

what the fuck.

julian stared at him as he walked away, "who the fuck was that" he asked, he was mad. you could tell by the tone in his voice. "i wish i knew" i looked at the guy as he walked further and further away.

i looked up at julian then looked down at the floor, thinking. trying to remember who he was. but it didn't work.

we walked into the mall

5:00 pm

"lets go to the cheesecake factory, i want some real food." he said as he pointed at the restaurant. "yessir lets go"

we started walking over there, he opened the door for me and we walked over to this empty table that was right by the window. we sat in the position as to where we were facing eachother.

the waitress walked over to us and handed us some menus. i ended up ordering some fettuccini chicken alfredo pasta and julian ordered some spaghetti, with water as our drink.

"we get such a pretty view of the outside" i smiled as i looked out the window. "yea, i'm getting a pretty view right now" he stared at me and playfully winked.

"omg you're an idiot" i laughed and placed my hand ontop of his. "that's why you're my bestfriend" i added on.

"thank you m'am" he joked and smiled over at me.

our food came about 5 minutes later, we began to eat.

"this is so bomb, wtf" i said as i wiped my mouth with a napkin. "yea this is pretty good too" he said as he was about to take a drink of water.

"wanna try mine, promise you'll like it" i said as i twirled some fettuccini on my fork and handed it to him. "thank you very much" he tried it "woah wtf this is good" he said as he picked on my plate for more. "yea told you so" i laughed.

"dude wanna try mine, it's good too" he said as he handed me some of his spaghetti. "no thank you sir, i hate tomatoes they're disgusting" i cringed. "you're missing out" he shook his head.

after dinner we explored around the mall for a little while, we ended up purchasing these two necklaces, they were like little charms, mines was a j and his was an l.

they looked like this

7:00 pm

the sun was beginning to set, there was this beautiful fountain outside of the mall. we ended up taking a bunch of pictures there together.

8:30 pm

we walked back to the car, and he drove me back home.

9:00 pm

he pulled up to my house

"tonight was amazing, let's do it again sometime" i said as i looked into his eyes, admiring them. "yes, we definitely should. thank you for coming with me" he looked into my eyes.

it was the perfect moment, to have our first kiss. but, it didn't happen.

"i'll talk to you later, thank you for everything. i love you." i kissed his cheek and got out the car. "i love you too, text me !" he smiled and waited for me to walk inside my house, i turned around and waved at him as i watched him drive away.

i locked the door behind me, and guess who came across my way. mom.

"elizabeth what the actual fck, are you out of your mind look at the time!" mom quickly stood up and walked over to me.

"are you crazy ? it's only 9pm ?" i
claimed. "do not talk to me like that, i'm your mother and you're going to listen to me. who was that boy who drove you home?" her face turned bright red, again.

"what? what guy??" i tried playing it off. "elizabeth marie martinez i am not stupid i clearly saw as he dropped you off. who was that?" she practically yelled.

"OH MY GOODNESS I ALREADY TOLD YOU HE'S JUST A FRIEND WE WENT OVER THIS ALREADY" i could feel my face heat up, i was over it.
"WHO ARE YOU TALKING TO LIKE THAT?" she slapped me, what the fuck

"what is your problem ? how many times do i have to repeat i AM NOT DARLENE!" i yelled and stormed upstairs into my room.

"ELIZABETH GET BACK HERE" i shut my bedroom door, furious.