06| First-Time Hellos Pt.1

THE PRINCE'S BLOODchapter 06"FIRST-TIME HELLOS, PT

THE PRINCE'S BLOOD
chapter 06
"FIRST-TIME HELLOS, PT.1"

APPARENTLY, THE REASON that the Queen wasn't able to meet with me yesterday was because she was occupied with a charity event in Wales, and only came back this morning

APPARENTLY, THE REASON that the Queen wasn't able to meet with me yesterday was because she was occupied with a charity event in Wales, and only came back this morning. I was awoken by Mr.Graynor at seven in the morning, telling me that the Queen awaited for my arrival in her public office. How formal, I thought as I forced myself out of bed. When Holly began shifting from the movements, I whispered to her to fall back asleep and she sank back down into some happy dreams, most likely about her most beloved book character. It changed like every week, so I stopped keeping up sometime five years ago. My so-called escort eyed Holly in the bed suspiciously, but immediately switched back to his serious demeanour when he saw me look at him. He cleared his throat and straightened himself up, gesturing his hand towards the open door.

The journey down the empty hallway was far longer than my mind was prepared for. Our footsteps were the only sound in the whole place, echoing back and forth and up the high ceiling and back down again. I had nothing to do but look at all the painting on the walls, some of people that I figured were my ancestors. They all had the pitch-black hair I seemed to have inherited, except the eyes—which were all blue. I guess the hazel eyes come from my unknown father.

When we neared the end of the hallway, I suddenly began to sweat. I wiped my brow repeatedly as Mr.Graynor opened the door of the Queen's office. Get a hold of yourself, Aidan. It's gonna be fine.

Mr.Graynor gave me a nod to enter, and my legs suddenly turned ten times heavier, making each step inside of the room harder than the last. The first thing I saw was her, standing in front of a large window, a cup in her hand. The door closed behind me so suddenly that I got a fright, causing me to jump further inside of the room and catch her attention. For a second, when we locked eyes, it looked like she was just as frightened as me, but she quickly shifted back to a stern poise. She walked over to the table, placed down the cup, looked back up, and forced  out an almost-saddening smile.