35|Unspoken Finally Spoken

THE PRINCE'S BLOODchapter 35"The Unspoken Finally Spoken"

THE PRINCE'S BLOOD
chapter 35
"The Unspoken Finally Spoken"

THE PRINCE'S BLOODchapter 35"The Unspoken Finally Spoken"

This chapter is written in THIRD PERSON.

IT ALL HAPPENED FAST. Too fast. And before Aidan knew it, everything that happened before just ceased to exist. It was just Theo in his head. Theo, Theo, Theo.

He didn't find out what happened until after he got back to the palace, the Queen urgently specified that the news wouldn't be broken to him until that given time. James, the camp instructor, simply knew that there was news of his brother and that it was very important, since it was the royal telephone line calling them. The second they got back to the camp, Mr.Graynor was already there, waiting at the car to escort Mr.Murphy back to England. It all felt too eerie to him, as if he was still in his cabin at the camp in the middle of the night, fast asleep, and simply dreaming all of this.

"What's going on?" were the first words spoken to Aidan after James told him the news with that petrified face. They were said by Leslie, who seemed to react fast to the deep concern on Aidan's face. "What happened?"

Aidan snapped out of his daze, and looked at Leslie, who he almost forgot was even there. And even when he acknowledged his presence, he seemed far away. Everything was far away.

"I—I have to go—" he managed to say , before turning away and slipping into the car. All his friends were left outside in the mud mixed with twigs, gravel and leaves—wondering.

 All his friends were left outside in the mud mixed with twigs, gravel and leaves—wondering

LESLIE KNEW SOMETHING was very wrong, but just didn't know what. The second he saw the look on Aidan's face and as he watched him step inside of the car with such slow, reluctant movements, he knew something bad was in the air. It made his stomach turn. In fact, he felt this feeling before when Jacob went to the hospital after the fire and no one knew if he was going to live or die. It was a nauseating type of suspense. And he couldn't bare it.

Neither could Aidan's friends. Despite the fact that Leslie didn't talk to them, they still strangely came up to him and asked if he knew what was happening with Aidan.

"What—no? Why—How would I know?" He stumbled on his words, and he could feel the heat on his face. Rin, who seemed to have known something, rose his left eyebrow with a hint of amusement tugging on the corner of his lips.

"I don't know," he shrugged, looking around as if he was looking for something, then his eyes finally settled on Leslie. "You tell me."

"Well, I don't know anything. By the way, do you have his phone number?" The second Leslie said those words, his face redenned even more as anxious thoughts entered his headspace. "I mean—just to check—you know, to call him. See if he's okay."

Caleb, who was cluelessly standing there, furrowed his brows at Rin and Leslie who were having a speechless conversation with their eyes, and slowly and suspiciously passed his phone to him to copy his number out.

"Okay, you guys are freaking me out," he said, snatching his phone afterwards and sliding away to check up on Alvin, who was still shivering, and leaving the two alone together.

Rin looked over his shoulder to see how far he had gone, before carefully clearing his throat.

He looked at him a moment and then went straight in, bluntly emerging with,"Are you in love with him?"

Leslie knew immediately who he was talking about, but something told him that he was referring to Jacob, too, since his face popped in into his mind as well. Leslie clenched his jaw, his stomach already churning from the question. Confrontations wasn't something he was ever good at, and whenever he could, he always avoided it. But with Rin, it was clearly impossible, especially since he already seemed to have known everything. So, despite his disliking of it, he had to force himself to say it.

"Love is a strong term I'm not sure I—"

Rin interrupted him, raising a hand and resembling an intelligent old man, despite his young face. "—Well, you care about him, don't you? I saw the look on your face when he went up and left like that, you had concern on your face before any of us. And I know there's something there. I remember seeing it with you and Jacob."

Leslie almost felt dizzy at the mention of Jacob. He barely could speak to Aidan about him, never mind Rin. It was always hard. He knew Rin knew the whole story though, since he was in love with Cleo who was forced to be with Jacob at the time, so in truth they were all mixed up in some big love triangle, or rather— a love rectangle.

There was a moment of silence as thoughts raced through his brain, which seemed to have given Rin enough time to understand and analyze him. He was like that, always reading people.

"You're afraid," Rin said with a loud and firm voice, but quiet enough so only the two of them could hear. "You don't want to lose love again, that's why you are afraid with Aidan, and that....in some way you'd feel you are betraying Jacob, right?"

Leslie was too stunned to speak, and instead looked down with his fists clenched and sweating. This is too much, he thought as a heaviness that first started on his chest took over his whole body. He knew that Rin was right, deep down somewhere he always thought it, but hearing it being said like that felt like his heart was being ripped out of his torso unawares.

"Jacob would understand, you know. He would understand that you want to move on. You shouldn't be afraid of it. And Aidan isn't going anywhere, you can't have yourself thinking that way just because you've lost love once. And even if Aidan was to leave, would it not be better to feel love for a little while, rather than not at all?"

He fixed his glasses on his nose and gave Leslie a gentle squeeze on his shoulder, and before Leslie could say anything he was already ambling away and onto the bus, which was getting ready to go back to Maugham.

After a moment of standing there, Leslie finally gathered enough courage to pick up his phone and dial a number. But not Aidan's, he was calling Maisie.

Okay so the next few chapters might possibly be a little short like these but it's only because I don't want to make them too long and drowsy + I want you to focus solely on one topic and not on so many important things at once!  Please stay tuned