Stanley

He took Richie's hand and kissed it, "Come on good sir, I am taking your bed" "Oo Eddie can't wait to get in it" Richie winked as he replied back. "You are such an idiot, I am taking you to bed so that you can sleep because you obviously need it. And when you wake up I will have a plan for you" Eddie led him to the bed and lay him down carefully as to not disrupt the cuts he had so carefully mended. He tucked him in and kissed the top of his head "Eddie?" Richie looked at him quizzically but both he and Eddie knew that Richie found it comforting. "Eds can you stay with me..till I sleep?" Richie asked embarrassed "Of course I can" Eddie hopped on the bed next to him and rubbed his back until he felt the gentle rise and fall of Richie's chest, implying he was asleep. Eddie kissed his head one more time and walked out of his house.

Inside Eddie's head:

What I am going to do. I mean he can't stay at mine because my mum would never allow that. And Bev is staying at Ben's house and I know for a fact that Bill's parent's hate Richie. And Mike has moved away. Which only leaves Stan. Fuck. Stan would not object to that if he knew the circumstances I hope he thought.

Eddie decided to go to straight to Stan's house, hoping by the time he talked to Stan he could get back to Richie before he woke up. He hopped on his bike that was left outside his house as he walked past and bit his lip in concentration. He rode as fast as he could to Stan's house leaving his bike on the road and knocking on the door "Hey Eddie what are you doing here?" Stan said coming outside and closing the door behind him so his parents couldn't see Eddie. They hadn't really come to terms with the fact that Stan had friends that weren't Jewish. "Uh, I mean I don't know if you know about Richie's parents but they are ab-" Eddie got cut off by Stan "I know they are abusive, Richie told me one day while we were high" "You got high? That's not even what I am here for. His parents have got worse, way worse and it's not safe for him to be at home anymore and I know for a fact he can't stay with me and I thought maybe he could stay with y-" Stan cut him off again.

"Of course he can stay here. What happened is he ok?" Stan was getting really concerned, "Yeah he is fine just got a lot of cuts so don't pressure him when he comes here. He won't admit it but he is very vulnerable at the moment." Eddie replied. "Its ok Eddie, I understand." Stan did something which surprised the both of them, he hugged Eddie. Eddie hugged back and started to cry, Stan stood there hugging him for a while before pulling back "You should go get him, I am assuming his parents aren't home again yet?" "No, they aren't." "Go get him Eds" Eddie ignored the fact that Stan called him Eds, "Thank you Stan" He yelled over his shoulder running to get his bike.

Stan had to try and figure out what he was going to tell his father. As he went inside he decided to ask his father if they could talk for a moment. "Hey, dad. My friend, Richie, he is in an abusive home and needs somewhere to stay for awhile. Is it ok if he stays here for a little bit?" He said cautiously Stans father looked up at him and raised his eyebrow "Whats so bad about his house?" "Oh his parents are just..just on holiday" Stan replied realising he shouldn't tell about Richie's parents or he would get mad. "Mhm, ok then. But only if he doesn't make a mess. And don't expect me to cook for him" "Thank you, thank you, thank you" Stan replied. He went upstairs to fix up the other bed in his room.