1

Sara waited for the bus as it rained lightly on the dreary London day. Unlike the Londoners around her, she didn't mind the cold weather and rain that much being from LA where the weather was constantly hot and you rarely saw rain the cold weather here was a refreshing change. Before moving here for her studies, Sara had never seen snow or such cold winters. Her father was a chauffeur of a very rich family and her mother was their chef so the family never ventured out of California for a vacation not that they had many vacations to begin with. Her mother and father were constantly working for the Rockwells they were in no way rude or mean to Sara and her family. Peter Rockwell considered Sara's father less of a chauffeur and more of a friend and confidant, while Mrs. Rockwell didn't like to mingle with the staff she treated her mother and father with respect and their son Mason and Sara were bestfriends growing up. Sara smiles to herself thinking of Mason twirling the heart charm on her charm bracelet.

The bus arrived on time and Sara boarded it as she usually does to go to university. Sara went to the presitigious Dame Harrington University of Arts which Mrs. Rockwell helped her get in to without her help or influence Sara wouldn't be able to walk by the university let alone get into it. It was her second year at the university and her last term there before going to Paris to complete the remaining two years to get her degree to say she was excited to go to Paris wouldn't even begin to describe what she was feeling. Since a child she'd keep a scrapbook of pictures of Paris cut out of magazines and newspaper while she'd be daydreaming about what it would be like to live in the city of love, Paris.

Entering through the gates of the university, Sara scanned the massive courtyard and garden to spot her two friends who she found leaning on a pillar of the admissions building to escape the rain.

"Come on we haven't got all day madam! The rain is ruining all my chakras" Stacy her very loud and obnoxious hippie friend shouted as she spotted Sara walking slowly towards them.

"Coming" Sara replied quickening her pace.

Georgina her other friend who was leaning on the pillar with a very noticable pout and moppy expression.

"I guess your mother called?" Sara inquired. Stacy was from a normal middle class family and was one of the handful of students including Sara who weren't from affluential families. Georgina on the other hand was from a very prominent family and had a very overbearing mother who insisted on her attending the university when all Georgina wanted to do was travel to third world countries to help the poor. Scared that her daughter would be coexisting with the poor her mother sent her here threatening to disown her if she didn't otherwise.

"Worse, she came here" Georgina sobbed "and she's been to all the professors and they've told her I have zero interest in this stupid place and their stupid art. Now she's threatening to cut the African education and food water fund if I don't start focusing on my studies."

"Oh my God! That's awful" Sara said

"She's willing to starve poor children, strip them of an education just to keep up her image. I hate her so much" Georgina cried.

"That's enough of that" Sara went in for a hug rubbing her back to soothe her.

"I'll join you I'll even chant slowly to squash all the negative vibes" Stacy said joining the hug while humming the chant.

"Is your mom still around?" Sara asked

"No she left ten minutes ago" Georgina said breaking away from the hug.

"Good. No offense Georgi but your mom isn't pleasant to be around"

"She sucks the positive energy from a room like an oil spill sucks the life out of the ocean life" Stacy added