Chapter 10

Chapter 10

        It's been a few months now, and the guys have to go on a US tour. Darn... Kenzie and I are on our plane back to Seattle, and the guys have taken a seprate flight to Maine for their first show.

        We just touched down, and are now getting our bags from the carousel. When we have them, I turn my phone on, getting a call from my mother, "Soph, we're here to pick you guys up. We parked outside and we have Kenzie's parents with us too."

        "Okay mom. I'll see you in a minute!" and hang up the phone. Kenzie and I take our bags outside, and find the car. We load up our suitcases, and greet our parents joyfully.

        At our houses (across the street from each other), we sleep restlessly, because of the time change. Eight. Whole. Hours. Ugh. I need my sleep, or else I am not a happy person.

        I get up, and go down the hall to the kitchen. It's weird being in a small house, and compared to the mansion, my house is a hobbit hole. I eat breakfast, and then it's noon. Everyone is awake, but they're trying to be quiet for me. My phone rings on the granite counter-top, "Hello?" I answer sleepily.

        "Sophie," it's Zayn, "How are you?"

        "Tired. Dehydrated. Lonely. Awkward, and I feel like I'm dying." I slur my words together.

        "Awh, I'm sorry to hear that. I'll be with you soon."

        "How soon?" I ask, "I don't do well unless whoever I'm with is RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME."

        "Soon. I mean in about two months. Don't worry. I'll still be here." he says.

        "Yeah, but who knows if I'll still be here. I could find someone totally different from you." I mumble.

        "What was that?"

        "Nothing. I just said that I couldn't wait two whole months to see you guys! I miss you already."

        "So how is everyone else getting along?"

        "Well, Kenzie's probably talking to Niall on the phone. My parents are doing well, and I don't know how the rest of you are doing. How are YOU doing?" I ask.

        He laughs, "Again? Kenzie and Niall have been talking non-stop ever since you got into college. But the rest of the guys are good and single."

        I laugh, "So do you think that when they were 'playing with each other's hair', they were like, making out or something?"

        "I do."   

        "So they're like, a thing now?"

        "Probably. Niall doesn't like to talk about it though. So I'm almost positive."

        We laugh, "So has Louis found anyone that he's interested in yet?"

        "Yes. He's diggin' some fans."

        "Awesome! I'm glad he's happy. How about Liam? How was the honeymoon?" I ask.

        "He said it was good. Oops. I gotta go. I'll talk to you later, babe." He says.

        "Okay. Bye then." I say, hanging up the phone. I put the phone down, and see that my mother is making lunch, "Hey there." I say, smiling.

        "Hi. How was your sleep?" she asks.

        "Short," I say, "It was not good."

        "Who were you talking to on the phone?" she's making sandwiches.

        "I was talking to my boyfriend." I say.

        "Oh, Chris?"

        "Wait, what? No. I broke up with him," I say, "I was talking to Zayn."

        "Zayn who?" She asks.

        "Zayn Malik. I met him in London."

        "Oh? Is he nice?"

        I nod, "He's super nice."

        "Huh. I recognize that name from somewhere..."

        "Oh really. Where?"

        "I don't know... from some weird thing," she turns around, and sees the 1D magnet on the refridgerator, "One Direction! He's from One Direction, isn't he?"

        "Yes! He is. Good job, mom." I say.

        "So when do I get to meet him?"

        "In about two months." I say.

        She groans, "Why can't I meet him sooner?"

        "He's on tour. It's a US only thing," I accept a sandwich from her, even though I just ate breakfast. "Sorry. I'm sure you'll like him when you meet him. Not sure about dad, though."