Little Horns

"Aurora.."  I groaned. "Is this really  necessary?"

        "Uh.. no.. But you'll look so cute!" She squealed. Aurora had insisted on putting wild flowers in my hair and I was beginning to grow impatient.

        "Aurora, I'm here to keep you out of trouble. Not to be your porcelain doll.." I crossed my arms tightly over my chest. Aurora leaned over to look me in the eyes.

        "Diaval?" she said sweetly. I've always loved how she said my name.

        "Aurora." I answered. She sat down right in front of me. She smiled. I groaned. "Are you done messing up my hair?"  She nodded still smiling. "You know, I'd rather keep my hair flower-less." I walked to the closet pond to try a get a glimpse at Aurora's creation. She had put pink, and yellow flowers all in my jet-black hair. The sight of it made me throw up in my mouth a little.

        "Do you like it?" She said appearing behind me almost giving me a heart attack.

        "Bloody Hell, Aurora! You can't just sneak up on people like that!" I said breathing heavily.

        "Sorry, Diaval." She giggled. I rolled my eyes and proceeded to remove all the flowers from my hair. Sure, I loved her, but damn, she could get on my nerves sometimes. A few minutes went by before I was able to get rid of all the flowers, and Aurora watched intently.

        "There, like it never even happened." I said as I disposed of the last flower.

        "Happy now?" Aurora asked trying to sound sarcastic but nothing she could say would ever come off that way. It's one of the gifts her Aunts gave her.

        "Yes." I said standing up then offering my hand to Aurora in order to help her up. She reached for my hand, as she held it a small tingle went through my spine. Aurora must have felt it too because she studied my hand. I brushed it off. Probably nothing. I thought.

        We walked back through the Moors at a brisk pace, occasionally stopping so Aurora could catch up with me. I naturally walk a bit fast due to my long legs. Aurora has to practically jog to keep by my side.

        "Come on Aurora." I called back at her. "We need to get you back to your Aunts' cottage." She was entranced by an odd little creature. It kind of resembled a rabbit, but it possessed little horns atop its head.

        "Diaval! Look!" She said in a loud whisper, trying not to scare it away. I reluctantly followed her orders and walked over to where she was keeling on the ground. She was mumbling baby talk to try and coax the creature to come near. I studied her features as she was occupied. Her big, blue eyes glistened with each step the creature took. Her mouth formed a beautiful smile as she spoke. I realized I was staring and shook myself out of the daze.

        The rabbit creature scampered back into the bushes it came from before it got very close to Aurora.

        "Aw! Come back, little guy!" She called after it like it would actually listen to her. "Diaval, did you see that? It came so close to me! I think it liked me." She said looking in the direction the creature left.

        "How could it not?" I said still a tad bit dazed.

        "What was that, Diaval?" She said not hearing me the first time.

        "Aurora, how could it not like you? You're beau--" I stopped mid-sentence. "Aurora.."

        "Yes?" She said turning to look at me. Okay, come on Diaval, you big bird, just tell her how you feel. I thought to myself.

        "Aurora, I.. love.. you.." I said slowly.

        "Diaval," she said.

        "See? I knew you wouldn't the same way. I mean, how could a princess like yourself love a crow--"

        "I love you too, Diaval." She interrupted. I was both shocked and relieved at the same time.

        "Oh Aurora.." I said softly. Then I took her face in my hands and kissed her genitally at first, then growing more and more intense. 

        After we decided we were done kissing we lied cuddled up against a tree in the middle of the forest. Aurora soon fell asleep on my chest. As she slept I played with her hair and rubbed circles on her back. I saw a small figure in the corner of my eye. I glanced over to get a better look.

        "The rabbit." I whispered.