eight

"Only you, only you (yeah). And no one else can fix me, only you (no one like you). Only you, (nobody else), only you (oh). And no one else can fix me, only you, (oh), Only you"

-

From: Quinn
To: Tatiana
I wish I could see you right now
Unsent

I'm sorry it took my brother sending me a video for me to finally get my shit together
Unsent

-

Quinn arrives at his family's Ann Arbor home tired as hell after a long weekend. He takes his suitcase into his room and unpacks all his things He showers and changes into basketball shorts due to the early summer heat.

He raises the temperature on the AC to a comfortable 72 degrees Farenheit (22.22 Celsius) and slides under the covers on his bed, leaving the covers pooling on his lap. He grabs his phone and plugs it into the charger before sending a Face Time request to Tatiana, fixing his hair in a way to try to lool good.

"Quinn," she smiles, a blush coating her cheeks as she catches sight of his shirtless torso.

"Hey, are you free to keep talking?" he asks, hoping she's not busy.

"Yes, I have no plans for the night," she replies.

"Good! I would ask you to come over but I know that it's late," he replies, stalling a little bit.

"So I believe we left off with me apologizing for my faults. Quinn, to tell you the truth I haven't been much better than you. Jack told me you were drinking a lot because of me and I was doing the same over you. I haven't hung out with anybody since we broke up. Literally all my friends are in Miami right now and I decided not to go because I haven't been in the mood to be around others. I spent the majority of my nights watching Lifetime movies and embarrasingly, looking at pictures and videos of us on my phone. God, I was even stalking you and your brothers socials  like a pathetic ass bitch-

"I was doing the exact same thing. I was looking at old picture and videos of us. I wasn't stalking your socials but I was wishing that you would eventually talk to me and take me back, even though I didn't deserve it," he explains, feeling less pathetic now that he knows how badly she was coping too.

"God I guess we're both pathetic and this could have all been avoided if we would've just talked to each other instead of being cowards," she sighs, mentally beating herself up for being so stupid.

"So, does that mean you still have feelings for me and you wanna work things out? Because I really want us to work things out," he says, a hopeful look in his eyes.

"Quintin Hughes, I love you so goddamn much and I would love for us to work things out, but we need to talk things out more in person. I love you but for us to make things work we have to be on the same page, especially if you end up going all the way to Vancouver for training camp. We need to always communicate with each other. What we were doing recently was unhealthy and we can avoid problems if we just talk about our feelings," she explains wanting to get her message across clearly.

"I promise I will do better and to talk to you about everything. If I end up deciding to head to Vancouver, I promise I will call and/or text you everyday. Hell, I'll even send you snaps of all my adventures if you want. I don't ever want you to feel like you don't matter to me. I need you. You're my rock and I need you to be the one constant in my hectic life," he replies with conviction.

"Alright well, it's been a busy night and you're probably really jetlagged so I'll let you go," she sighs, noticing him become more tired by the second.

"Goodnight princess. I love you," he smiles, blowing her a kiss.

"I love you too and I'll see you tomorrow after I get out of work," she replies, blowing him a kiss before ending the call.

Quinn smiles to himself, finally happy that he's on his way to getting his girl back.

To: Jack
Thank you for everything you've done for me recently. I've been such a dick lately and I shut everyone out. I was too far up my own ass to realize you were only looking out for me. Love you brother and I'm so sorry I hurt you

Almost 15 minutes go by and he sees Jack hasn't read his message.

He's probably asleep just like probably everyone else in this house.

That night he falls asleep sober and truly happy for the first time since the breakup