three

"Once upon a time we had it all. Somewhere down the line we went and lost it. One brick at a time we watched it fall. I'm broke here tonight and darling no one else can fix me"

-

From: Tatiana
To: Quinn
Congrats on being drafted #7 overall to the Vancouver Canucks
Unsent

You always looked good in blue and green
Unsent

I miss you and I wish I could take back everything that went wrong between us
Unsent

-

Tatiana finds herself tuning into NBCSN to watch the 2018 NHL Entry Draft.

You're so pathetic, Tatiana! Do you really think watching the draft is gonna make things better?

She ignores her thoughts and takes out her fave bottle of Pink Moscato from the fridge. She takes out a wine glass and pours herself a glass, knowing it's gonna be another long night for her.

From: Luke Hughes
Tatiana, you should be here

She ignores the message from the youngest Hughes son.

From: Jack Hughes
My brother still loves you

Her blood runs hot as she reads the message.

To: Jack Hughes
If he truly loved me, he wouldn't have put hockey and his friends before me

She puts her phone down and sees the 1st pick being drafted. Swedish defenseman Rasmus Dahlin gets picked 1st overall by the Buffalo Sabres. Time goes by before Russian right winger Andrei Svechnikov gets drafted 2nd overall to the Carolina Hurricanes.

She texts her dad something about Russian power and he responds with "Russians are the best players! I'm glad your proud of my heritage!"

From: Brady Tkachuk
Hey Tatiana, I know we haven't talked since everything that went down, but Quinn needs you

To: Brady Tkachuk
If Quintin really needed me, he'd hit me up

She puts her phone down and watches Finnish center Jesperi Kotkaniemi get drafted 3rd overall to the Montreal Canadiens. Then Quinn's best friend Brady Tkachuk is drafted by the Ottawa Senators. He's the 1st American to be taken in the draft. She watches him embrace his family before making his way down to the stage.

Her heart hurts at the fact that Brady was a good friend to her and she left him in the dust when she broke up with Quinn. She feels kind of a bitch about it because he's such a great guy and he didn't deserve to get ditched like that

To: Brady Tkachuk
Congrats Rubito! I'm sorry I've been such a bitch lately, but you look good in Sens red

From: Brady Tkachuk
Hey, this is Matthew. I'll let him know you said thanks. Also, why does every Latino person call him Rubito?

To: Brady Tkachuk
Thanks Matthew. Also, good to know I'm not the only one. The name suits him perfectly. It's a Latino thing. You wouldn't understand

From: Brady Tkachuk
Aren't you only half-Latino? Ms. Half-Dominican and half-Russian

To: Brady Tkachuk
You don't know my life!

She smiles for the 1st time in a long time and realizes that maybe she could keep in contact with some of his old friends without having to be in contact with him.

She watches Canadian center Barrett Hayton go 5th overall to the Arizona Coyotes. Then Czech right winger Filip Zadina goes 6th overall to the Detroit Red Wings. The Vancouver Canucks go on the clock and they put the camera on Quinn.

She gasps at the sight of him looking so good in his suit. However she noticed how nervous he looks and how he seems to have a fake smile plastered on his face.

Maybe he hasn't been the sane without her?

Yeah right, Tatiana! You know damn well that Quinn always looks like a sad puppy, that's just his face! Even you weren't able to make that change!

The front office of the Vancouver Canucks go on stage and the GM heads to the microphone.

"Good evening everyone. First of all, I would like to thank the Dallas Stars for their hospitality this week. With the 7th overall pick of the 2018 NHL Entry draft the Vancouver Canucks proudly select defenseman Quinn Hughes from the University of Michigan Wolverines," the man announces, causing the Canucks fans in the crowd to cheer.

She watches him get up with a look of relief on his face and hug his parents and his brothers before making his way down towards the stage. He hugs Brady before making his way onto the stage, putting on his Canucks jersey and hat.

Tatiana feels the tears falls dkwn her face as she downs more of the dessert wine, not knowing why she's such a mess.

From: Mami
Mi reyna, I know you're watching the draft right now and and you just saw Quinn get drafted. I can tell that boy is miserable without you

To: Mami
Mami, I'm fine. Of course I still care about him. I always will but what's done is done. He's gonna go off to the NHL and I'm gonna stay here in Michigan. It's for the best

From: Mami
How do you know that what you're doing is the best for him? Are you sure you're not just doing what's best for you?

She shuts her phone off in anger and changes the channel, residing herself to watch Lifetime movies until she passes out on the couch.

If only she knew that living in denial only makes things worse