13. ✔

|| Alexandra ||

About an hour went by, surprisingly we got quite a bit of work done. But since none of the stuff we were working on is due in a few days, we decided to take a break.

The TV was on, and I was watching reruns of Martin, while Nahmir was on his phone. We've both been procrastinating on the deal we hade earlier.

I took a deep breath and turned to face him. "Okay." I breathed out so he could look at me. He peeled his eyes away from his phones and patted his lap.

I gazed it then at him again, realizing he wanted me to sit on his lap again. I looked up towards the ceiling, trying not to roll my eyes, and sat on his lap once again in the same position as before; he pulled me closer until I was on top of his "area".

I shuddered at the thought of his junior possibly growing under me.

"You cold, shawd? Cause I can turn up the heat if you want me to." he said in  a sort of suggestive manner.

I feel like he meant that in more ways than one.

Yet, I shook my head no. "Nah, I'm good." I adjusted my position and I could have sworn I heard a quiet grunt come from Nahmir. I smiled in my head.

"Okay, I'll tell you what I was going to say, since you can't seem to let it go." 

He rolled his eyes. "I guess you don't want to know what the letters mean then, since you can't let it go." 

I rolled my eyes back at him. "Touché." 

"But anyways, what I was going to say was that why were we straddling and stuff, if you so called 'didn't like dark skinned girls'?" I putting up air quotes.

He stared longingly at me before finally giving me an answer. "Maybe, you're an exception. I don't fucking know. Maybe.... I don't know." he huffed, seemingly getting frustrated  by my question.

I looked at him in his eyes, then looked down, cracking a smile.

Glad I'm darkskin, so he can't see the red in my cheeks.

"Well, I guess it's my turn, ain't it?" he said.

"Yep," I responded, popping the 'p'. "Get to explainin'" I waved, urging him to go on.

He sighed loudly and rolled his neck. He then cleared his throat. I rolled my eyes.  He real live doing the most right now.

"Okay, so the letters mean....." he said trailing off, scratching the back his head. This nigga tryna act like he forgot.

Well, I didn't.

"It means.....?" I prompted him.

".... iloveyourhair..." he said really fast in a low voice.

"Nigga, whatchu say? Slow down."

" I said," he said glaring at me, then looking at his phone, " I. love. your. hair." he repeated as if I was retarded or something. 

"Deaf ass," he grumbled under his breath.

I ignored that last comment because I was still trying to process what he had just told.

He said... he loves my hair.

"So what if I do? It is what it is. Damn! Let it go." he mumbled irritatedly.

"Shut yo ass up." I shot back. Must have said that out loud. "But how.... you just... you said that I looked like a clown or some shit because my hair was purple. Now how you gonna turn around and say that you love it?" I think I was a little more annoyed and confused then flattered.