Chapter Eleven: Executioner

Quiet.... For the first time ever, the silence worried me. I was alone in that hospital bed, waiting for a sentence rather I'm going to live, die, or be carried to my death in Mexico. Emily wouldn't do it.... It would be hard to believe if she did, but also understandable. Knuckles being questioned didn't help me out either, he was a tough gem- hard to crack- but he's like me, he'll save his own ass if he has to.

I licked my dry lips, needing of water and food to keep my body from falling apart even more. Stupid of me to get shot, I was better than that, with or without a gun; luckily the bullet didn't hit any arteries or organs, I would of died deep into Mississippi.

"You're awake." Phillis walked into the room, I didn't have to hear his voice to know it was him- his expensive cologne and the sound of his equally as expensive cane gave him away. "Now I can hear the story from the horses mouth." He stood over me, not exactly amused from my certain state but also, not upset. Grabbing the remote to control me bed, Phillis made me sit up so we were face to face. "Comfy?"

I simply nod my head yes, I gained a better view through the glass window- it was definitely an underground place, only difference is the empty space with no guards or guns around (from what I'm use to), just the small family and my roommate sitting around- waiting for me to get better or to tell my side. "I was kidnapped from my room," I started off. "They pistol whipped me, so I couldn't exactly tell where we were going and I was stuffed in the back of a trunk. The men, I don't exactly know who sent them, only the fact they've been trying to track me down for quite sometime now. It could of been one of my own enemies. They managed to get my roommate, and about that time your niece came in to save the day."

Phillis circled the bed to go on the other side, where I was hooked up to the heart monitor; most of it was the truth and I know how to make myself pass the lie detector test easily. "Your roommate, what's his name?"

"Knuckles... he makes me call him Knuckles."

"They used Knuckles to get to you, to me that's one hell of a loose end." He starts to tamper with the machine, pushing random buttons that I have no clue what it turned on. "What if your enemies found you before arriving to me? Who would have saved you then? Surely not Emily, she would of been taken too."

I sighed softly, "I know how it sounds and looks. It wasn't my intention to put Emily in danger, I did everything I could to protect her... to keep her father away. I wasn't thinking about loose ends, and at the time, Knuckles was on his way out of Chicago as well."

"Yet, he still got caught, he still gave up your location. I don't know if I should kill him or kill you both for being so... idiotic."

The monitor beeped, my heart started to pound fast from the mention of death. I use to accept it with open arms and a kiss, now I lock every door in the house and still hold it back with a pointy stick and whip. Phillis sighed in satisfaction, he finally has something on me that he'll use to his advantage. Little did he know, at the moment I have more than one disadvantage, it so happens that the other one is related to him by blood.

Phillis turned away from the monitor, his hazel eyes were dark as a cold night with touch of warmth from a fire you'll find in a blizzard. "Lucky for you, Emily practically begged me to keep you both alive until we get to Viper."

I didn't know if I should be ecstatic for the extra mileage of life or frightened to meet the devil's sister-in-law; Eden. I wanted to throw up the air in my stomach, and go back to when I first met Emily so this wouldn't happen. However, I wouldn't want to lose that devious and also wonderful moment with her from last night. What happened to the hitman that saw everyone and everything as idiots? The soulless bitch that would save her own ass by throwing others to the wolves? What happened to seeing the forbidden fruit as nothing but a naive princess that was highly annoying and yet so adorable? Did it demolish with one kiss from a silly angel? Or did one feeling override the other?