Chapter 8

OH MY GOD GUYS! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR GETTING ME TO 119 READS! I would have never expected so many reads! I'd also like to add that I'm writing another book, so please check it out once I publish it! Heres the description

Daniel Costas is a hardworking FBI agent in Washington DC. Everything he was he's worked for. So consumed in his work, he forgets that he has a life outside the badge. He's learned to keep his emotions out of his job.

When his next case requires him to have a partner, he is given Tatum Bishop, a feisty and carefree agent working undercover on the same assignment. She has no rules and no limits.

With the two of them completely opposites, Daniel is thrown through loop after loop from the Starkov crime family he and Agent Bishop try to take down. And with every minute he spends with Tatum, he learns that living doesn't mean have a life, it means sharing that life with someone.

An actual long chapter for you guys to today

THANKS AGAIN! READ ON

>>>>><<<<<

"Chaos and Piss"

- P!nk

I make her nervous. RJ smiled at the thought as he watched her scramble around her small yet neat kitchen, putting the kettle on the stove to make his coffee. He was seated at the breakfast table she told him to sit at, tapping his finer anxiously on the table. The way she nervously fumbled with the mugs and nibbled her lip made RJ pants that much tighter.

Don't think like that RJ he scolded himself. It was wrong for a professor to look at his student in such a provocative way. She was beautiful, with a beautiful body and spirit. It was undeniable the attraction he felt for her. But she obvious to it.

"Coach?"

A soft melodic voice pulled RJ from his thoughts as his gaze shot up to Rose softly cupping her steaming mug, with an identical one resting in front a him.

"Hm? What was that?" he gasped the mug handle and took a sip.

"Are you okay?" she asked quietly, looking at him questionably.

He smiled slightly. "I'm fine." he answered.

She nodded and turned to look out the window next to the table. He noticed her cartilage piercing. A little surprising for someone so sweet and innocent looking. She had a freckle under her left eye, on her cheekbone. RJ remembered it. She turned her head back, and frowned when she met his gaze.

"Do you have a boyfriend." he blurted, without realizing what was slipping from his lips. He mentally cringed.

Her eyes widened a fraction, and she let out a shaky breath. "You already asked me that."

RJ shrugged as he took a sip of coffee, trying desperately to recover. "A lot can happen in a month."

Rose let out a humorless laugh. "Not for this girl." she said turning her gaze to the window again.

"Why not?" Now the stamens left his lips, like word vomit.

Her head snapped to him. She furrowed her brow and RJ instantly declared it the cutest look she could ever form. She shrugged. "I guess I'm a little too mature for most boys. They're too wild and . . . stupid." her voice ending with a laugh.

"You like older men?!" RJ gushed, his words slurred together.

Word vomit

RJ cursed at himselfr. She looked at him in surprise. "I don't know how to answer that. I mean, . . . I guess."

RJ nodded, but on the inside his heart sped up and he was grinning ear to ear. Older men, huh? He grasped the coffee mug and took a hearty gulp.

They fell into a comfortable silence. Rose was staring at the trees blowing in the wind out the window as RJ was staring at her.

Finally he spoke again

"There's probably something else you should knows, before tomorrow's game." RJ trailed. Rose put her cup back onto the table with a puzzled frown. He took a deep breath. "I have . . . anger problems. I'm going to management courses and such, but during games I get a bit too riled up. Whitey knows about it from when I played soccer here in UV, but . . ."

"You would prefer it to stay secret." she finished. RJ eyed her suspiciously, waiting to see her reaction. If she would cower and shrink away from him. Instead she held his gaze, and stared at him, thinking to herself. "Why did you tell me this?"

RJ sucked in a short, quick breath with a hiss. He looked down at his mug, grimly

"This doesn't change what I think of you, Coach."

His head snapped up. She gave him a smile which he returned with a grin. "So what should I do if you ever do get 'riled up' to hell calm you down?" she said using air quotes.

His grin widened. "Um," he thought. Most of the time she did the exact opposite. "Just tell me to breathe and to focus on something. That's really all." he finished with a shrug.

She nodded her head in understanding. "Okay then." she smiled and for the first time, in a long time RJ felt complete open, and he loved it.

***

Today was game day. Rose was up at six on a Saturday running a couple miles. Dressed in running shorts and a sweatshirt, she ran jogged through the fog setting over the empty campus of UV. It cleared her mind as she listened to Coach's cd he made her that she burned onto her phone.

He left a couple hours later, after his confession. He wasn't smooth with his. words and seemed to speak before he thought, which didn't fit his whole "Bachelor" persona. It made her smile as she thought of him.

But then she quickly scolded herself.

When Piper finally returned from god knows where, she bombarded Rose with questions about him:

"Don't you think he's hot?"

"Is he a gentlemen?"

"I bet he has a killer body, don't you?"

"I bet the sex is out of this world."

And as the questions went on, Rose found herself think about him even more.

Which was bad. It was bad bad bad bad bad.

He was her superior. Her teacher. Thinking of him like that was thinking that your boss wants to jump you because you got him a cup of coffee.

When she got home, Piper was fast asleep. Rose showered, changed into her soccer uniform, and pulled her dark hair into a glossy ponytail as she slapped on a pink Nike headband. She was just about to grab her keys and head out when she heard a car horn in front of her door.

She peeked out the window to see Coach Pruitt in his sleek gray car, giving her a smirk.

She felt a smile form on her lips as she dashed down the hall and threw open the door. She made her way to the car.

Coach was there, grinning as she pulled open the car door, threw her bag onto the floor, and sat in the passengers seat.

"You look good in my clothes." he smirks as he pulls away from the curb.

Wait, what?

"What?" Rose freezes. Her cheeks turn a vivid red, from his double meaning.

RJ threw his head back and barked a laugh. Once he finally calmed down, he gave her a sly grin. "You're face was priceless." he says. He gestures to her jersey. "My number was 3, too."

Rose looks down at her uniform. Sure enough there is the number three printed on the the left corner in red block font. "Huh?" she says pulling the shirt down to look at it better. "Well, what do you know?"