2

"Dal."

"Dal, wake up."

"Dallon wake the fuck up," Ryan says, nudging his band-mate.

"Hmm?" Dallon mumbles, clearly half asleep still, "What time is it?"

"It's nearly noon already." Ryan says, "I was going to go try to book us a gig, and wanted you to wake up before I left."

"Uh-huh, okay, I'm up." Dallon sits up in the hotel bed, rubbing his eyes.

"You need to go pay for this room before we get kicked out," Ryan says, brushing over his electric blue hair, "Make yourself presentable."

"Okay. I'll go when you leave," Dallon says, pushing the blanket off, "You don't need to see me naked and such."

"Seriously? We've been best friends for a while, I don't think you need to worry about me seeing you naked." Ryan says, and Dallon laughs. "But really, you better pay the hotel." Ryan says, walking out the hotel room door.

Dallon pulls the blanket back on and rolls over. The door opens and Ryan walk in, shaking his head. "I knew it. Get up Dal."

Clearly smiling, Dallon rolls over, with his back towards the door, "Okay, I will, I promise."

~~~

Dallon walks to the hotel's front desk, wearing a white t-shirt, blue flannel, and dark blue - almost black - skinny jeans, with five-hundred dollars in his pocket. The woman at the front desk flashes a smile at him and he hands her the money.

"Hey, I'm paying for room 103. One more week," He says, knowing he's $100 short.

"You know it cost $600. You and you boyfriend have been here almost a month."

Dallon blushes a deep shade of pink. "He's not my boyfriend."

"Well it sure does seem like it," She says, "Anyway, the $100 is on me. I know you guys are struggling."

"Really?" Dallon asks in disbelief.

"Yes. I've heard your band," She says, smiling and looking down, "It's pretty good."

"Thanks - I'm sorry, what was your name again?" He asks, embarrassed. 

She laughs, "Breezy."

"Oh," Dallon says, "Pretty. And unique."

"Too unique if you ask me," Breezy says, rolling her eyes, "Couldn't tell you how many times i got made fun of."

"I like it."

Now it's Breezy's turn to blush, "Thanks."

"Of course."

"And what's your name, handsome?"

"Dallon." He says, blushing again.

"I like it," Breezy says.

Dallon smiles, too, "Thanks."

"Hey, are you free Friday night?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Do you maybe want to get dinner or something?"

Dallon thinks of Ryan. He doesn't want to just leave him alone on a Friday night. But on the other hand, how often does a pretty girl ask you on a date?

"Yeah. Is 7 fine?"

She smiles, "Great."

Dallon smiles back, "Great. I'll pick you up here."

"Here at 7." She says.

"Friday night."

"See you then."

Dallon turns and walks back to his and Ryan's hotel room, smiling like crazy.