4

Ryan's POV

I get in the van, shutting the door roughly, ignoring the blue strands of hair falling into my face as I turn the key in the ignition and pull out of the hotel parking lot.

 How could Dal think this is okay? 

Not only did he completely ignore the fact that we need money and need to book gigs, but a date? We can barely afford to live with just the two of us, now he wants to bring in some girl he just met. 

I pull through the drive through, trying my best to cover up the attitude in my voice, which I guess I didn't do to well, since the woman working didn't seem to empathetic when she told me I didn't have enough money to pay.

After nearly hitting a car pulling out of Taco Bell, I pull into the parking lot of a park near by and shut off the van. I lean down and set my head on the steering wheel.

 Am I over reacting? Is it really so bad? One date shouldn't hurt, right? 

No. We agreed that we didn't have any extra money to be spending after we didn't eat for days at a time when we first started the band. I always thought it would just be Dallon and I. Driving town to town, playing gigs, having fun. I guess he doesn't feel the same.

~~

Dallon's POV

 I'm writing in my notebook when Ryan walk in the door. He sit on the other side of the room without looking at me.

"Where's the food?" I ask.

"Not here, obviously."

"I thought you were going to Taco Bell," I say, confused.

"Yeah I did," He says, picking up drumsticks, tapping them quietly in what I'm assuming is the beat to one of our songs, "Didn't have enough to pay."

"Oh," I look down at my notebook, "I was writing a new song," I say, "Want to hear it?"

 "Why don't you show Bailey?" Ryan snaps.

 "Her name's Breezy," I say quietly.

 "Whatever." He still doesn't look up.

 "What's your problem?" I ask and immediately regret it when Ryan finally looks at me. His usual friendly smile is gone and replaced with a brutal glare.

 "Wow for someone who hates confrontation, you sure do like making it hard for me to keep my mouth shut."

 "What do you mean?" 

 Ryan rolls his eyes and shakes his head, looking back to the drumsticks in his hands, "You really don't understand do you?"

 "Understand what? What did I do?" 

 He looks back at me, "We don't have a gig this weekend, and you seem like you couldn't care less. How do you expect to pay for this room? I couldn't even pay for Taco fucking Bell, which didn't even phase you." I look down. "When I tell you we don't have a gig, you don't say well let's go look again, maybe someone will change their mind. All you think about is this girl."

 "I-"

 "No. Don't say anything. I'll find a way for us not to starve again. I thought we were on the same page, Dal." 

Before I can try to say anything, Ryan leaves again.