Front Porch Cafe

My childhood home had an iconic South Minneapolis front porch. The kind that opened with a screen door serving as an entryway to the big brown wood door. Old painted windows lined the little room covered in vines. It hosted a plethora of toys and antiques and a gold leather couch. It was my sisters and neighbors playroom. It was my Barbie castle, cafe, restaurant, coffee shop, library, art studio, music venue, and you name it. It was a sauna in the summer and refrigerator in the winter. I loved it.

I have a front porch on the home I currently live it. It is an iconic North Minneapolis porch. Open on all sides, always hosting stray cats and company. I occupy it most mornings and evenings in the summer. My popasan chair and pillow are surrounded by flower pots, candle lanterns and vintage wood end tables.

It's Sunday and here I am lounging after an outdoor church service at the lake Harriet bandshell followed by a Bogarts vanilla bean buttercream doughnut.

I am accompanied by my iPad playing a Spotify summer sounds playlist, a La Croix water, sketchbook, journal, and a stack of books.

One Thousand Gifts - Voscamp

Bread & Wine - Niequist

Watercolor Methods

Understanding Impressionism

Walking in This World

And the lyric book of Audrey Assad's cd 'Heart'

Time to get to work creating a masterpiece on the pages of my sketch pad.