Chapter Two

TamakiP.O.V.

"Haruhi..." She turned around and ran. I started to go after her when the rest of the hosts came and stopped me. I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Just leave her alone. Did you see the look in her eyes, Tamaki? It was pure sadness." My trusted friend Kyoya whispered in my ear. I bowed my head, shoved Kyoya's hand off my shoulder and walked back to Music Room #3. Tears threatening to fall at any given moment. I couldn't believe Haruhi would act that way to me.

"Welcome to the Host Club!" Everyone in the Host Club said in a childish voice. The ladies started streaming in.

"Oh Tamaki I love your childish side!" a princess sitting next to me squealed. I was playing with a light blue toy truck on the floor. I wasn't enjoying myself as much as I usually did. It wasn't the same without Haruhi.

"If you ladies will excuse me?" I got up and left the room to search for Haruhi. I didn't look back at their sad faces.

I searched the whole school for Haruhi. I found her in the last place I looked...the pond. How I had not looked there first place beats me.

"Haruhi? What's wrong?" She was sitting at the edge and finished wiping a tear from her eye and sniffed. "What would make you think I was upset?" Haruhi asked with obvious sadness.

"Haruhi I've known you long enough to tell when you are sad." I sat down next to her.

"I'm fine senpai. Just a memory..." She looked off in the distance. I contemplated whether or not to wrap my arm around her. I heard a slight sob coming from Haruhi. I looked over worried about my little girl. I put my arm around her shoulders. She buried her head in my shoulder and cried even harder. I just wished I knew what was wrong.

" Tamaki, what are you doing with Haruhi?" A voice behind us said. I looked back and saw one of the girls I had just been hosting.

"Oh...I was just helping Haruhi with something." I felt Haruhi tense up. She moved away and got up.

"I will let you get back to your customers." I couldn't see her eyes but I knew they were tear filled. She left me with the girl. I didn't see her for the rest of the day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day Haruhi was back to her old self and hosting the girls.

"Oh Tamaki why did Haruhi leave yesterday?" A princess to my left asked. "My dearest...I have no clue." I looked off into the distance as I answered her. I thought it would look more romantic this way. I looked over at Haruhi and wondered why she had started crying. I mean it was the duty of the host club to make every girl happy wasn't it? So...why couldn't we make Haruhi happy?

When the day was over, and Haruhi was gone, I called the boys over to me.

"Gentlemen! We must find out why Haruhi was crying yesterday!" Everyone nodded in agreement, and Kyoya looked up from his notebook. "Oh I know why she was crying." Everyone's heads turned towards him.

"What do you-" Hikaru started to say but Kaoru finished by saying, "mean Kyoya senpai?" Kyoya adjusted his glasses. "She was crying because that picture was taken the day before Haruhi's mother passed. She was most likely crying because of the memories the picture brought her." Kyoya said it so nonchalantly that I wanted to punch him. I probably would've if Hikaru hadn't.

"What kind of idiot are you?!" Hikaru all but screamed at Kyoya, who was shocked from Hikaru's sudden outburst. "Did you ever think that maybe she would cry if you showed her that? Of course you didn't." Hikaru stepped away from Kyoya, "you never think of anyone but yourself." He turned and left, Kaoru on his heels. Honey and Mori were next to leave, leaving Kyoya and Me alone. I had nothing to say to him. I turned on my heels.

"I'll see you tomorrow." I said it through gritted teeth, scared that I would start yelling if I didn't speak that way. Kyoya didn't respond. The last thing I saw him doing before I closed the doors to Music Room #3 was reach for his glasses, wipe his eyes and stand up.

(A/N Hey everyone! sorry for such a long wait! school has been going and ive been so busy! i hope you guys like this. i hope it wasnt too short! tell me what you think in the comments, vote and do all that stuff! and please no flames. till next time! Otaku_music_books out!