chapter 9

Haruhi's P.O.V.

After the meeting/interrogation of myself the hosts disbanded from Tamaki' s house and we headed our own separate ways. I didn't immediately head home, instead I went to a nearby park. I knew my father wasn't home yet, so he wouldn't worry about me...more than usual at least. I sat on a children's swing set and swung solemnly, my mind racing with an unwanted train of thought.

This plan that the Hosts were helping me carry out, I was starting to second guess it. Jin had hurt Hikaru, and Tamaki had already almost gotten killed. Was it really worth it for me to stay in the Host club? Was the pain of my friends worth it? And to add the cherry on top, Tamaki flat out told me he loved me! True, I reciprocated the feeling, but those feelings make our current situation all the worse.

I groaned out loud, my thoughts making my head hurt and heart heavy. Why did everything have to be so confusing all of the time now? Why couldn't we turn back the clock to when I first stepped in the Host Club?

Maybe if I had never gone in... I stopped my swinging and stood up.

"No." I said to myself. I wouldn't take back any of the choices or memories I made whilst in the Host Club; I cherished each and every single one. Now I paced back and forth. Not only were my memories cherished, but those I had made the memories with held a place in my heart. Then and there I made a promise that I would do everything in my power to ensure the Hosts made it out of this ordeal alive and unharmed.

"Mind if I join you?" a chilling voice asked. I jumped, so deep in thought had I been I hadn't even realized I was no longer alone. I looked toward the speaker, who was leaning on a bit of park fence. It was as if ice stared back: pale blue eyes studied me, cold and hard and judging. His hair was mahogany and the skin which covered his skeletal frame was not but a few shades darker than the pale moon. Dark circles were present underneath his eyes and his Ouran High School uniform hung loosely around him. Had this been our first encounter, I would have assumed this boy to be sick and offered to take him to a hospital, but this was not our first meeting.

"Actually I do mind Jin. What are you doing here? You have a lot of nerve to show your face to me after what you did to Hikaru." I tried to sound menacing and crossed my arms to show I wasn't messing around.

He laughed at me, stood straight up, and made his way so that he was in front of me.

"You have a lot of spunk Haruhi Fujioka. I like that, makes our game a little bit more fun." He chuckled and I felt the hair on my neck raise at such a chilling sound.

"What do you want?" It was well past my curfew and my father was probably wondering where I was, no doubt running around the house in a panic. And being here alone with Jin, the possible perpetrator who has been terrorizing the Hosts, was a little frightening.

"Don't worry Fujioka, I won't hurt you, at least not here. I've only come with a warning...your last and final warning in fact. Leave the Host Club." A breeze came through and rustled the leaves on the ground. I uncrossed my arms and squared my shoulders.

"You were the one who-" a loud crash of crates falling caught my attention and I turned my head away, looking for the source. It was my neighbor, she must've ordered something and the crates outside her door, which she swears will be used for some art project, must have fallen. I saw her and the delivery guy picking them up. I turned back to Jin, who was walking away.

"Hey! I wasn't done talking to you yet!" He halted, but did not turn to me. Jin did speak however, "Just know, that whatever happens, from here on out Haruhi Fujioka, is your fault." Afterwards he continued walking; I didn't bother to stop him this time. Jin's words had produced a deeper chill to my bones than the breeze in the night.

I stood in the same spot long after Jin had departed, contemplating his words and running the whole experience over in my head. Finally, when I heard a distant call from my worried father, I began to walk home. The walk was more mechanical than anything, I didn't think about where I was going, I just ended up at home. My father was not happy, and I was bombarded with questions of "Where were you?!" and "Do you know what time it is?!" and "Why were you out so late?!" I told him I was at the park and had drifted off while swinging on a swing. His features softened.

"Okay sweetheart. Why don't you go on to bed, you look beat. But next time dear, please do tell me when you will be home late. I could get one of those fine gentlemen to stay with you." He laughed at himself and headed to the kitchen, probably to make himself a glass of tea. I grabbed for his shirt, and he stopped.

"Haruhi?" he asked, turning to me. I took a step and hugged my dad. I was not one for hugging my dad or really showing that I loved him, but tonight's events had me wanting some comfort. He smoothed down my hair as he embraced me, "What's wrong Haruhi?"

"It's hard to explain, I just really wanted a hug." I spoke into his shirt. I felt him smile, "That's fine by me." I broke away, bided my father goodnight, and made my way to my room.

In the dark only one question became persistent in my mind: what would I tell the other Hosts tomorrow?

(A/N HELLO ALL MY LOVELY READERS!!!! I FINALLY UPDATED!!!! WHOOP WHOOP! I HOPE EVERYONE LIKED THIS CHAPTER AND OTHER WILL BE COMING NOW THAT SUMMER IS HERE AND I HAVE FREE TIME! GIVE ME YOUR FEEDBACK, IT IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!!! DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT, VOTE, AND SUBSCRIBE, OTAKU_MUSIC_BOOKS OUT!!)