Mutual

(Y/N) PoV:

The first lesson I had today was Chemistry, luckily for me, Jeeha and Julia both also had the same class as me, so that just means I won't fall asleep. Plus I can always just copy Jee's work, she's so neat like how?? Moreover...she actually understands Chemistry; a Jeenius indeed. That's a nickname both Julia and I came up with to tease her by, she and Yoongi are always quarreling over who's more of a genius. Don't get me wrong, Yoongi might be a musical genius, but Jee's got all the brains (maybe not as good at rapping, I mean she's worse than Taehyung... I think that statement in itself says a lot). 

As I huff into my seat next to the Jeenius herself and Ju next to me, the bell rings, indicating the lesson's meant to begin, yet the teacher's not even here. "Punctuality my ass" I sigh out, grabbing my book out of my bag. "Just admit you want this lesson to end quickly." Ju retorts back, well aware of my constantly tired-self. "Wahh but Chemistry is so much fun!" Jee jumps happily. "Easy for you to say, I barely understand Moles, heck why are we expected to know the concentration of gases anyway?" I now say, just wanting to sleep. 

After a few more minutes of my whining, the teacher finally came in. "Apologies, I was caught up in part of the Nitrogen Cycle." He exclaimed as he sat at his desk causing Jeeha to chuckle. "What?" Ju and I ask, directed at said girl. "He means he went to the toilet," Jee whispers back, continuing to listen to the lesson. After that torturing hour, we had another deadly hour of Maths. As I dragged my legs to the classroom with Julia right next to me, I totally forgot I'd have to see Jungkook. That motivated me to get to the lesson quickly, where we both took out seats. I quickly reviewed my notes from the last lesson before quizzing Julia. Jeeha had a Biology lesson right now. Watching Ju struggle made me chuckle, she looked so cute. I decided to eventually stop torturing her and asked her about what she was going to be doing on her date with Yoongi this Friday after school. In all honesty, I was actually curious for once, you never hear of Yoongi actually doing something on weekdays. As we were discussing the plan I saw a tall figure walk past me from my peripheral vision. Without even having to follow the presence I knew it was Jungkook. I'm surprised he didn't nudge my shoulder for once. Yet at the same time, the missing contact made me feel weird, almost empty. 

That feeling soon rushed away when the bell rang and the teacher walked in. She's always looking so sophisticated but today she looked half-dead. Still well-dressed but her face said it all. I can read the tiredness off of someone's face. I have mastered that art thanks to Yoongi, as surprising as it sounds, I did learn something from him. Today we learned about the Discriminant, something I surprisingly didn't have to help Ju with. I felt proud of her for some reason. Whilst completing the last task for the lesson I heard a loud grunt from behind me with a whisper "How dumb am I? Why don't I get this?" As I turned around, slightly taken back, I was met with the annoyed face of Jungkook. In that instance, we made eye contact and at that very moment, I felt superior to him.

"Already done (Y/N)? Good, you can go to break early, well done for always working so hard." The teacher says, looking at my work. Before I begin to pack my bags I let Julia know I'll be waiting for her outside, earning me a nodded hum from her. As I left the classroom with 10 more minutes left until the end of the lesson I couldn't help but creep a little smile on my face in Jungkook's direction. His reaction was priceless. Knowing I had enough time to spare I went to my locker to get my books for my lessons after break.

When I got there I heard a familiar voice call out to me. "Oh, Hi Jimin, what brings you here?" I say, staring at him in his gym shorts and shirt. "Coach let me out early, what about you? Aren't you meant to be in Maths now?" It's his turn to now ask. "Same here, I finished the work early so teach let me go early." I smile at him. "Look at us, being ahead of everyone haha" He says with his hand rubbing the back of his head. "Always." I reply with another smile. "Anyway, I have to go back, I'll see you at break yeah?" I say as I'm walking back to the classroom. He silently waves at me with a smile. "Actually...(Y/N) I wanted to ask you something today after school. Meet me at the school gates, don't be late, I'll be waiting for you." I only hold up a peace sign as an 'okay'.