Chapter 74

(Y/N)'s pov

It was may and we had been in Atlanta for a few weeks to film the next avengers film, "hey darling did you enjoy your day off?" chris asks as he gets home. "oh yeah we had lots of fun didn't we tash" I smile looking over at tash who was playing with her toys, "how was work?" I ask as he sits down next to me. "pretty tiring, pretty sure I have a huge bruise forming here" chris sighs pointing to his side, "ouch guessing you had to do a fight sequence multiple times?" I guess. "yep so, so many times" chris sighs, "why don't you go have shower, it should help while I make dinner" I suggest. "you sure, you don't want me to watch tash while you cook?" chris asks, "yeah its fine, I'll give her dinner while I cook" I say, I could tell he still wasn't sure "go, I'll be fine" I chuckle kissing his cheek. "okay just call me if you want help" he says, "I will now go relax and have a shower" I smile "hey are you hungry?" I ask tash. She nods her head walking over to me so I could pick her up, "come on then" I chuckle picking her up. Once I put her in her chair a got her food and gave it to her "thank you" she says instantly starting to eat "good girl" I smile starting on dinner for me and chris, as I was nearly done I saw chris walk in with still wet hair. "you feeling better?" I ask him, "much better" he smiles sitting down next to tash, "why don't you dry your hair dinner won't be for another 10 minutes or so" I tell him. "nah its cool it'll dry soon enough" chris says waving it off, "you'll get a cold" I warn him. "no I won't" chris laughs, "okay can you watch this for a sec" I ask him pointing to the food I was cooking. "yeah sure" chris says, I quickly head out and grab a towel from our bedroom. "sit down" I smirk when I walk back into the kitchen, "really?" chris laughs, "yep" I smile he does as he I tell him and sit down. I give his hair a quick dry making it stick up everywhere "what does daddy look like" I say to tash who just giggles at chris, "do I look funny?" chris asks as he takes over drying his hair as I plate up the dinner "yes daddy" tash giggles. Once we had eaten I had just put tash to bed when I found chris laughing to himself, "what's so funny?" I ask him sitting down next to him on the couch "just boasting a little" chris chuckles. I raise an eyebrow at him "boasting that's not like you" I say, "I know its only to annoy don because I beat him again in fantasy football" chris smiles. "really?" I laugh, "yeah just waiting for his reply" chris says refreshing his twitter feed and then laughing out loud "what did he say?" I laugh, "he said lets not do this on twitter, pistols at dawn at stage six" chris laughs "I think I'll send my stunt double" he chuckles. "you boys" I sigh shaking my head, "what, oh and look I updated my profile picture" he smirks showing me it, "aww you're too cute, was that when I knew you?" I ask. "um yeah it was the year we met" chris smiles, "aw that's cute" I smile. "and I can remember you being super cute back then" chris smirks, "wow that was cheesy" I laugh, "it was true though, childhood crush" chris laughs pulling me towards him. "thank god for drama club" I sigh resting my head on his chest, "yeah its amazing what things can lead too" chris smiles kissing the top of my head. "fate works in funny ways" I smile looking up at him, "you think this was all fate? Written in the stars?" chris asks me. "yeah kinda, not entirely though I think scenarios like meeting and when you caught me from falling could of have had different endings, but our reactions to them made it fate" I smile, "yeah that's really beautiful" chris smiles leaning down and kissing me.

I woke up the next morning with chris's arms wrapped tightly around me, I smile to myself turning in his arms so I was facing him. I smile when I still see him fast asleep, I lean up and kiss him on the tip of his nose making him smile slightly in his sleep. I reach up and run my hand through his now short hair fiddling with the few strands of blond where he hadn't washed it out fully. I could have easily have stayed like this but I noticed the time and realised we had to get up, I lean up to start kissing him so he'd wake up and soon enough he started to respond. "best wake up call ever" he smirks, "we need to get up" I sigh resting my hand on his arm, "just one more moment" he smiles pulling me closer. He then kisses the top of my head making me look up at him, he smiles down kissing me again moving so we was hovering above me. once we had stopped he kissed me on my neck, "we need to get a move on" chris sighs getting up and pulling me with him. "oh that reminds me have you taken a test yet?" he asks walking into the bathroom, I bite my lip slightly "uh yeah I took one yesterday" I say. He walks back out "really what was the result? Why didn't you say anything" he asks me hopefully, I sigh sadly "it was negative, you seemed in such a good mood last night I didn't want to ruin it" I explain looking down at the floor. Chris walks over putting his hands on my shoulders "hey its okay, things take time, we'll get there" chris says reassuring, "I know its just frustrating that's all, we had tash without even trying, and now that we are nothing seems to be happening" I sigh shaking my head. "hey stop beating yourself up over it we'll get there, I bet you by this time next year we'll have another little one" chris say pulling me in for a hug, "you really think so?" I ask him, "I know so" chris smiles kissing the top of my head. "you grab a shower first, I'll go get the little one and start on breakfast" chris smiles, "thank you" I sigh looking up and giving him a quick kiss before heading into the bathroom. Once I had my shower I was just stepping out when I noticed a box for a pregnancy test, I consider taking another one just in case the one I took yesterday was wrong. I shake my head at the thought moving to get ready for the day, as I do I notice one of the bruises I had from stunt work. I sigh to myself hoping it would have faded by now since it was last week that I got it, I ignore it and head out into the kitchen. "mommy" tash says as I walk in, "morning sweetie, are you looking forward to seeing scarlett today?" I ask her giving her a quick kiss on the top of the head. "yeah" she says happily, "good girl scarlett's looking forward to it too" chris smiles "there you are, perfect breakfast for a day full of action" he says passing me a plate. "thanks gorgeous" I smile as he sits down with his own plate "so whats the plan today?" chris asks. "well you're looking after tash while I film, and then scarlett will take over when you go to film, and then I look after tash once I'm done and then depending on time I'll either head back here with tash, or we'll all head back together" I explain as I eat. "sounds good, I'm hoping today won't be too tiring, yesterday was exhausted, I'm getting old this stunt work aint helping" chris jokes stretching out slightly, "yeah I know the feeling my side is still all bruised" I sigh, letting my mind wonder slightly. "what you thinking about?" chris asks, "just how the movie is going that's all" I say shaking it off, "what do you mean?" he asks confused. "well just how physically demanding it all is even after all the action sequences are done, maybe we should hold back until this is all done?" I say thinking out loud, "hold back on what?" chris asks, "trying to have another kid, maybe that's why it isn't working because we're under too much strain" I explain. Chris sighs nodding his head, "yeah okay, seems sensible are you sure you want to wait?" he asks me, "I think so yeah, its not like its never gonna happen, its just gonna be a little later than we hoped for" I say. "then that's what we'll do" chris smiles taking my hand across the table and kissing it.