Acne tips

Everyone has acne, it's no lie babe, I bet even Angelina Jolie has it.

No body really does want it, and when it does decide to show up and make you want to hide your face from everyone you tend to stress and over think it. Here are some things to help you avoid this problem and some things that you should know not to do.

Things to avoid doing/ having:

Foods with sugar that's man-made - eating foods that have natural sugars such as fruit and veg are totally okay to eat. Eating lots of foods with man made sugar will make your skin produce excess oil.

Processed foods - these tend to be fast foods and even processed cereals, things to also avoid are things like white bread, white rice, pretzels/ bagels, potato chips, ice cream, dairy products and more. I find that when I'm eating more unhealthy foods, I skin tends to breakout more and become more oily.

Changing your skin care routine/ products too frequently - changing your skin care products can throw your skins PH levels off and thats definitely not a great thing, you should be waiting 2-3 weeks before changing your skin care products.

Not cleaning makeup brushes/ face towels frequently enough - using dirty materials on your face can spread bacteria onto your face which could lead to infections if you have an open wound on your skin.

Things that may have fragrance - depending on your skin or what you've done to your skin before using fragranced products, you could have a bad reaction.

things to do:

Aim to wash your face every night - doing this will clean out your skins pores and Clear your face from any dirt you could've gotten throughout your day.

Eating healthy - eating a healthy and balanced diet will help your skin in so many ways.

Drinking water - drinking water is essential, it's healthy, and makes your skin so much clearer. It should be your go to drink.

Using moisturiser - using moisturiser can be very helpful to your skin because it gets rid of oily skin. other ways to get rid of oily skin would be exfoliate once or so a week, using a cleanser, moisturiser and toner twice everyday and also using facials.

Using the right products - using the right products that agree with your skin type is vital, you don't want to be using products that can either make your skin oily, or dry and patchy because lets be honest, it just makes everything so annoying.

Being sun safe - protecting your skin from the suns harsh rays are vital.

Here are some products I find useful for my skin:

QV cleanser and moisturiser (their moisturiser has sunscreen in it so if you're not keen on a heavy moisturiser, I don't recommend this)

Cetaphil moisturiser (I do recommend this if you prefer a lighter moisturiser)

Olay Foaming Face Wash Sensitive Skin

The Body Shop Body Butter Beurre Corporel (I use the strawberry scented one)

I know I didn't write much, but I hope you guys found these do's and don't's helpful.

-franklyu ;)