Shaving tips

Okay so, it's no big secret that girls (depending on your age) shave everything from your hips down, and yes between your legs as well, no shame babe. Its just a matter of how you're doing this and if you're doing this right.

Here are my tips for shaving:

Finding a razor that works with your skin - Using a razor that works with you and your skin is probably your best bet of getting the right kinda shave, you don't want one that doesn't get the work done for you and misses spots or doesn't even shave hair off, and you don't want one that leaves your skin feeling irritated and red. I use men razors generally just because I find that they work better then female razors do. 

Having clean skin - You should always clean your skin before you shave.

Using a clean razor - You don't wanna be using a rusty old razor, that would be horrible to use. Don't keep your razor in the shower either, the humidity forms rust and bacteria you definitely don't want on your body.

Shave in the same direction as your hair (this ones for your lady part) - I'll be honest, I never used to shave in the same direction of my hair, I'd always shave in the opposite direction since it just made more sense but shaving with the grain reduces your likely hood of getting razor burn. 

Using a shaving gel - Personally, I don't use a gel or foam or anything when shaving, I just wait till the end of my shower/ bath when my body hair has softened to shave and I find it fine but using a moisturising shaving gel or foam or shaving oil is also advised, just be sure to find a product that suits you and your skin.

Water temperature - Showering/ bathing in warm (or hot, whatever you prefer) water will soften up your body hair and will make it easier for you to shave. After shaving you should always rinse the area you've shaved with cold water to prevent razor burn and to also ensure that your skin is nice and tight and to also prevent any ingrown hairs from forming.

Moisturising - After I shave I usually wait 10-15 minutes before moisturising, no idea why I do but I just do. I don't use fragranced moisturisers either since it irritates my skin so if you know you have sensitive skin, do not use fragranced moisturisers.

I hope you found some of these tips helpful!

-franklyu ;)