Abandoned Eras

There are thousands of people that visit and stay at Disney hotels and parks every year.

Each Disney hotel has a different theme.

Whether it be sports, movies (animated or not), Pixar, or eras.

You're probably thinking; Wait, there's an era-themed hotel?

Yes. There was going to be one.

This era-themed hotel would feature a different building for a different part of the 1900s, up to 2000. It was planned to be opened around 2003-2004.

Once 9/11 happened Disney stopped all work on the new hotel.

They never restarted the project.

THE FACT: Disney was building an era-themed hotel until 9/11

WHAT I THINK: It's obviously true because there are pictures documenting it and several of my friends have been there
---
FLASH- FORWARD TO TODAY... The eras hotel was, in fact, completed. But not with the original theme. The new theme is (of course) several Disney animated movies- The Lion King, Finding Nemo, The Little Mermaid, and Cars. This resort is called The Art of Animation.
There are three swimming areas in the TAoA resort. Two small ones (The Little Mermaid and Cars) and one large one (Finding Nemo). The Finding Nemo area of the hotel is considered to be the 'main hub', it's where the food court is, gift shop, how-to-draw animation tutorials, and more. My family and I stayed in the Cars portion on the resort last time we were there. I just love how detail oriented the rooms and surrounding areas are- you could take pictures with the entire Radiator Springs gang and walk through the most memorable parts of their town. Not only that, but the Finding Nemo portion made my siblings feel like we were in the ocean swimming with Nemo and his friends. The same goes for exploring the infamous scenes from The Lion King and The Little Mermaid. It's really cool how they have the various 'figures'/characters there, outside in the various 'quads' for young and old alike to take pictures with and relive the story.
I hope to stay in the Finding Nemo, Little Mermaid, or Lion King buildings next time I visit.