Prologue

Childhood. Some people might say it was the best part of their life. I can see why; endless array of happy memories, no responsibility, no sense of sadness, everything was…perfect. Times were simpler then.  

But I had none of that; I had to grow up pretty fast so that my brother and sister wouldn’t have to. I love them; they were my only real family. I’d do anything for them, and if that meant growing up to protect them then that’s what I did.

I had a pretty tough childhood, I was pretty much an outcast. I didn’t have friends that would accept me for me. I was known as the fat girl. I hated how everyone would call me names just because I wasn’t skinny as the other girls. They may say ‘stick and stone may break your bones but words will never hurt you’ well I guess you were never called fat, ugly, or unimportant enough to finally snap. And that’s what I did.

As soon as I was old enough, I moved out from Uncle Peter’s house and went my way (taking Paige and Luke with me). I wasn’t going to let anyone hurt what seemed to be now my kids.

But I was back here again. Why did I even come back, were the traumatic memories not enough to keep me away from this place? As much as I detested being here, I somehow had to. I came back for one thing; and one thing only, to look for my mom.    

_____________________________________________________________________________

A/N:Thank you for having the time to read Always in the Dark!! It means alot!! I hope you like it!! Happy reading!!  :D