Chapter 2

I woke up in the middle of the night to a crying Paige. I got up and got the bottle from the diaper bag. “It’s okay Paige, I’m here baby.” I shushed her holding her in my arms, not wanting my aunt or uncle to come barging in through the door possibly waking up Luke. But that didn’t happen, suddenly I saw the door swing open; it was Aunt Carol. “Is she-” She started to say before I shushed her, “Shh.” Once I was done burping her, I put her down besides a sleeping Luke. Aunt Carol looked at me in surprise, “Wow, Charlie you’re really good at this.” she said slightly chuckling. “Had a lot of practice.” I said giving her a weak smile.

“Right, you should probably get to bed now. We’re going to go to school to enroll you in. Okay, good night.” She said before she turned off the lights and left the room. Great now I’m going to have to deal with a new set of idiots. I didn’t necessarily hate school; it’s just I didn’t have anything look forward to, I mean I didn’t have friends and everyone made fun of me. So there pretty much was no reason to look forward to school.

I couldn’t sleep at all last for the remaining of the night since Aunt Carol told me she was going to enroll me in school. But I had to build a bridge and get over it. I got up trying not to wake Luke or Paige. I headed to the bathroom to shower and brush my teeth. I undressed and stepped into the shower letting the warm water fall over my body. I took a quick shower and got out, dressing quickly.

I got out of the bathroom to reveal Luke sitting down quietly on the bed. “Good morning, Luke.” I said giving him a heart-warming smile. “Moning.” He replied, smiling. He was so cute; he had light brown hair that complimented his hazel colored eyes and light tanned skin. Surprisingly, Paige was the same; light brown hair with hazel eyes. On the other hand, there was me. Dark brown hair that almost looked black, a slight shade darker than their skin, and really dark brown eyes. I think I got all my dad’s horrible genes. I hate saying that word, dad .It made me feel sick to my stomach, we had no dad. He walked out on us and I wasn’t expecting him to come back anytime soon.  

I helped Luke freshen up before we went to get breakfast. I picked up Paige from the bed and went to look for Aunt Carol. “Good morning, Charlie.” Aunt Carol said giving me a welcoming smile. She was making bacon and eggs that only made my stomach grumble louder. “Morning, Aunt Carol. Uncle Peter.” I replied looking at the table already set up. I set Paige down on the high chair, then helped Luke up on the chair, “There you go, Luke.” I said.  

“I hope you had a good night’s sleep.” Aunt Carol said placing bacon and eggs on my plate. “Umm, yeah. It was okay.” I said looking down at my plate avoiding eye contact. “Alrighty then, eat up! We’re going to Westlodge in fifteen.” She said a pleasant smile on her face.  

Hmm, Westlodge wonder what’s the school like with that name. “…you know that wasn’t very polite of you. Charlie. Charlie, look at me when I’m talking to you!” Uncle Peter boomed, waking me up from my daydreams. “Yes, Uncle Peter.” I said in an innocent voice, keeping my rage bottled up. “We didn’t get on a very nice start, yesterday. “ He said adding his crooked smile. “Well to be honest, I just don’t like people calling me Charlotte.” I said calmly. I saw him tense up again; when suddenly Aunt Carol came in, “This is NOT over!” He whispered harshly. “So are you going to take Charlotte to Westlodge today, honey?” He asked Aunt Carol. It was weird how he was a furious beast one minute and a loving husband the next.  

“Yes, dear. Ready, Charlie?” Aunt Carol said popping her head through the kitchen door. “Yes, Aunt Carol.” I said picking up my plate and dropping it into the sink. I kissed Luke and Paige goodbye before following Aunt Carol out the door. I finally realized what she was wearing a grey suit with two inch heels, all that for registering at school? I got in the car and put on my seatbelt. “You excited to be going to this new school?” Aunt Carol asked. “Yeah, seems like…fun.” I said putting on a fake smile. “Yeah, making new friends and all that stuff.” She said smiling. “Yeah.” If my appearance doesn’t scare them away first.

“We’re here!” She parked the car and got out, slowly walking towards the entrance. I got out, closing the door behind me. I looked around my surroundings; hmm playground, gotta avoid that; classrooms, gotta be there. “Charlie, hurry up!” I heard Aunt Carol holler in the distance. I started to walk faster so she wouldn't get mad.

We were now in the office; the woman behind the desk was checking all the paperwork Aunt Carol had given her and discussing my soon-to-be classes. Not like I care, I was pretty smart and learned materials fast, but it’s not like I showed it. It was enough I was fat, I didn’t want to be called a nerd either. “Alright, Mrs. Wells that’s all the paperwork. Charlotte, can start school tomorrow. Her classroom number is 35. School starts at eight o’clock sharp.” The woman said. “Ma’am,  its Charlie.” I said innocently. “She doesn’t like to be called Charlotte.” Aunt Carol explained and then gave me a dirty look. I don’t think she liked to be embarrassed in front of people; well I wouldn’t embarrass her if people didn’t know my name! “Okay? I’m sorry, Charlie.” The woman said slightly smiling. “Alrighty then, that’ll be all.” She said getting up from her seat as well as Aunt Carol and shook hands. This was going to be the start of my own personal hell.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry I took so long with this chapter!!

What do you think of it so far? What do you think of the characters? Leave comments/ fan/ vote all that stuff!! Thank you!! :D