Part 8

Tom’s POV

How could he do this? How could Zayn be...gay? Tom gags in disgust. He couldn’t believe his ‘friend’. He couldn’t believe he used to be friends with a fag. Snap. Tom swirls around and finds himself face to face with a man.

“What are you doing?” the man asks, glaring. Tom snickers.

“Nothing.”

“Give me your camera,” the man demands.

“No. It’s mine,” Tom says, now serious.

“You aren’t allowed on my property. Give it to me.”

“No.” The man lunges forward and yanks it out of Tom’s hand.

“Hey!” Tom yells, “I can report you for theft.”

“Go ahead. I’ll just tell the authorities you were spying on my nephew and his friend, on my property without permission. We’ll see how this turns out.” Tom feels himself pale.

“W-Whatever.” The man was the fag’s uncle. Shit.

“Get off my property. Never come back and leave my nephew alone. He’s had enough shit in his life. He doesn’t need more from you,” the man barks before turning and going to the front of his house. Tom watches as the man gets into his car and drives away. He looks to the ground before walking away from the house, back to his own.

Harry’s POV

Harry feels butterflies in his stomach as Zayn wraps his arms around his waist and leans his chin on Harry’s shoulder.

“What are you cooking, love?” Zayn asks in Harry’s ear. After talking, the two boys had come downstairs, feeling a bit hungry.

“Lunch,” Harry answers, feeling heat rush to his cheeks. Zayn backs away from Harry, pulling his arms away. He quickly pecks Harry’s cheek before going into the telly room. Harry continues to cook simple pasta as he hears Zayn turning the television on. Some music begins to play in the other room. Probably MTV, Harry thinks and he smiles, recognizing the song. His smile widens to a grin as he hears Zayn singing along to the song.

“–I’ve been locked out of heaven for too long! For too long! Yeah, you make me feel like I’ve been locked out of heaven for too long! For too long!” As Zayn begins to vocalize, Harry hums to the tune.

“You bring me to my knees. You make me testify,” Harry sings quietly, though he hits every note perfectly, “You can make a sinner change his ways. Open up your gates cause I can’t wait to see the light. And right there is where I wanna stay–” Harry cuts himself off, letting the telly sing the next line for him. He blushes at the word, his mind shifting to Zayn. Harry shakes his head, ridding the idea from his thoughts. He suddenly feels lips on his head and spins around from the stove, his nose hitting Zayn’s.

“You sing beautifully,” Zayn mutters, his eyes never leaving Harry’s. Harry feels his face collect a wave of heat.

“Th-thank you,” Harry stutters with a shy smile, “So do you.” Zayn winks, tenderly placing his lips on Harry’s. Harry feels his eyes close as he wraps his arms around Zayn’s neck, while Zayn’s go around Harry’s waist. Harry moves his lips against Zayn’s, shivering at the plush feel.

“I love you,” Zayn murmurs, pulling away. Harry smiles widely, nuzzling Zayn’s nose with his. Harry turns in Zayn’s arms and continues to cook lunch, trying to suppress the blush rising in his cheeks. He feels a soft peck on the nape of his neck as Zayn retracts his arms.