Part 9

Spring break goes by extremely quickly, leaving Harry feeling a bit sad. Through the week, the two boys have become closer, much more intimate in their relationship. Harry remembers when he finally made the decision to leave Teddy alone. His old friend had helped him through so much, he treasured the bear and would be devastated if he got hurt again.

“Thank you,” Harry whispers to his bear who is sitting on top of Harry’s pillow. Harry gives his friend a slight kiss on his head before jogging down the stairs. He smiles as he sees Zayn pull up in his driveway. Zayn had told Harry’s uncle that he would be driving Harry to and from school, not wanting for him to be alone for fear that Tom would try to attack him.

“Hi, babe,” Zayn says, pecking Harry’s lips.

“I love you,” Harry says, softly, taking Zayn’s hand with his freehand and kissing his knuckles.

“I love you, too, Harry. Please don’t forget that.” Harry nods slowly, uneasiness creeping back into his stomach. Zayn pulls Harry out the door, locking it.

“We’re going to be late,” Zayn mutters, “Let’s go.” Both boys get into the car, quickly, Zayn beginning to drive to school.

“Zayn, you’ve been acting weird...i-is something going on?” Harry asks, nervously. Zayn glances at Harry when they reach a stoplight.

“Depends on how you see it,” he mutters, under his breath, but Harry hears him and decides not to comment. The situation was really scaring him. What was Zayn planning?

They finally arrive at school though they were ten minutes early. Harry intertwines his fingers with Zayn as they enter the school but Zayn keeps his grip loose.

“Z-Zayn, are you mad at me?” Harry whimpers, stopping in his tracks before they could enter the classroom. Zayn’s head snaps up and a concerned expression overwhelms his face.

“No, no, no, baby. I’m not,” he coos, stroking Harry’s cheeks, “I could never be mad at you. Shh.” Zayn wipes a stray tear on Harry’s skin.

“W-why are you acting so different then?” Harry asks, sniffling as Zayn continues to stroke his cheeks with his thumbs. Zayn takes a deep breath, leaning his forehead against Harry’s.

“It’s for your own good, okay?” he whispers, eyes glistening in unshed tears, “It’s for your own good.” Zayn gives Harry a slow, loving kiss.

“I love you,” he breathes, pulling him into the classroom. The two boys take their seats as the teacher begins his lecture.

“Fucking fag,” a menacing voice mutters behind Harry. Harry feels himself begin to tremble. Tom, he thinks miserably. He feels a hard smack hit the back of his head, making his vision go fuzzy. A whimper escapes his lips. Harry hears the loud screeching sound of a chair being pushed back.

“Don’t touch him. Don’t you fucking touch him,” Zayn growls. Harry looks back, watching Zayn and Tom glare at each other.

“Zayn, Tom, sit down,” the teacher orders.

“He smacked Harry in the back of the head. I want to deal with this now,” Zayn demands, stepping forward.

“Take it outside the classroom.” Zayn pushes Tom toward the door and both boys exit the room. The teacher glances at Harry.

“Are you going too?” Harry nods, nervously walking out. Harry suddenly feels himself being slammed against a wall, fists gripping the shoulders of his shirt.

“You’re going to die. You’re going to pay,” Tom sneers. Several whimpers escape Harry’s lips.

“Tom, let him go,” Zayn’s voice calls from a couple feet away. Harry’s fearful gaze meets Zayn’s eyes. They were strangely unreadable. Harry feels uneasiness settle in his stomach once again.