|1|

Dan's P.O.V.

First day of college, fun, I know. Not only was it the first day of college, it was the first day I'll meet my roommate. I know this isn't new for anyone going into college - first day of meeting their roommate being when they move in.

Knocking on the door, I didn't want to interrupt anything. You know college boys in those stereotypical movies;boys having sex with some girl in their bed and I would walk in and ruin the mood.

"You can come in!" I heard a yell on the other side. Huh, guess I wasn't interrupting anything.

Taking a deep breath in, I open the cold handled door, and step in. Entering the room, I notice it's kept neat. On the left side is a bed with mixed colored print. The pillows were practically falling off. Beside it was a small desk, with a small desk lamp on it, a laptop, and a couple other things such as books. At the foot of the bed, was a collection of shelves. Some had books, some had pictures of people. A couple had plastic plants on them.

"Oh, hello!" I heard a voice take drag me away from my view. "My name is Philip Lester, though you can call me Phil. Mr.Lester was my father." He put out his hand, wide smile on his face. I could tell he was older than me by a few years, it's cool seeing people's dreams can start at any age.

Being hesitate, I slowly stuck my hand out, shaking his. It didn't last long, I didn't want it to be one of those awkward hand shakes.

"Daniel Howell. Dan." I nod at him, sitting on my plain bed.

"Well, Dan, welcome to the dorms!" His voice sang, as he sat down next to me.

I chuckled nervously, I barely know this guy and he's acting like we've known each other for YEARS. Maybe he's just this outgoing with everyone.

A couple hours passed by, I had realized I didn't have the right bed supplies - they were too big.

Phil and I took a trip to the store, since I hadn't really know my way around the place yet. We stopped by a few places, and decided that I should also get some decorations for my side of the room. Getting a couple frames, I was going to put the pictures I oh so regret wrapping badly in them. I also had gotten a small piece of carpet to put under my bed, going out about a foot from my bed. Other things such as a lamp and decorative pillows were bought too.

I liked Phil. He's nice, he doesn't judge me whenever I tell some lame joke that I think of - right off the bat. It was interesting. I didn't know I could be like this with anyone. Open, I mean. Yeah, very stereotypical of me - but I honestly think I made a new friend for my years here.

A/n: That's it for the first chapter, although I will be uploading very soon, and don't worry the chapters will be longer!!