Chapter 1

In a world where everything is perfect, nothing would stand out, nothing would be special. Maybe, just maybe, that's why Jessie assumed she was stuck in this.....situation. What could be worse then falling in love with the person who you're around the most?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two silhouettes stood on the roof of a building, watching as fireworks exploded in brilliant sparks, lighting up the sky with color. With closer inspection the taller of the two had hair that shined like strands of sunlight, the more feminine figure had hair that gleamed like strings of gold. The male figure leaned down, leaning towards the girl, growing closer and closer by the second, their lips a breath apart........

Jessie sat up suddenly, her eyes wide and a blush dusting her cheeks. She rubbed her eyes and yawned, stretching out. She rolled out of her bed, hitting the ground in her cocoon of blankets, sighing as she unrolled herself. She laid on her back and stared at her cream colored wall.

She stood up and grabbed her phone, typing in the password and scrolling through her texts. She let out a soft groan and raked a hand through her messy hair as she saw a text from her...best friend, or, as she now classified him, the boy who is slowly ruining her sane state of mind.

Jam the gae boi:   Heyyyyyyyyyyy Jessieeeeeeeee OHWOOOAAAHHHWAAAOOOHHH

You:  Oooooooohhh my god

Jam the gae boi:  What're you wasting your life on rn?

You:  Well, getting up, then I planned to binge watch my queen, my savior, MY GOD.

Jam the gae boi:   Oml, you're talking about Shane aren't you?

You:   DON'T SPEAK HIS NAME FOOLISH MORTALLLLLL

Jam the gae boi:   Okay, wanna meet up or smth and continue this convo?

You:  Sureeeeeee

Jessie bit the inside of her cheek and tried to suppress the excitement she felt. She enjoyed, and somewhat feared spending time with James, but who could blame her? She smiled and shook her head. She walked to the bathroom and brushed her teeth and hair, taming her lion mane.

She walked to her closet and put on a pair of denim shorts and a white tank top with a palm tree on the pocket. She grabbed her sunglasses and slipped on her flip flops, then headed to the garage to get her bike. 

She sighed and headed out into the blinding, hellish light from the sun, peddling down the sidewalk, staying in the shade so she didn't melt into a puddle. 

After five or so minutes James came into her view, and she was suddenly relieved that if was hot outside, because if not, she wouldn't of been able to hide her flushed expression.

James was wearing a loose black tang top and kakis, no sunglasses, so his eyes sparkled like jewels in the sun. She slowed down once she reached him and waved. 

"Hey." James flashed a grin, showing his pearly white teeth. In her head she groaned, 'HOW CAN SOMEONE BE SO PERFECT?!' "Hi." She smiled softly and pulled up her sunglasses, uncovering her warm brown eyes. "How're you?" James asked in his angeli- NORMAL VOICE, NORMAL VOICE.

"I'm good, thanks." She kicked herself for her thoughts. James smiled again and took the sunglasses off the top of her head, putting them over his eyes. She blushed a light shade of pink as he did so, the flicked his forehead and scoffed. "You're weird." James grinned and pulled down the glasses to wink at her, "You know it."

She shook her head and started peddling towards the park, James turned around, "HEY JESSIE~!" He yelled after her as he turned to follow her. "Oh my god, stop-." She smiled to herself.  "I'm gonna win!" James exclaimed as he passed her. Jessie looked at him and smirked as she went off the sidewalk into the road, passing him and maintaining the lead. She turned to him and stuck her tongue out. 

After a few second she made it to the park just a breath before him. "Ha. HA!" She turned to him with a victorious smile. He shook his head and as soon as he got off his bike started running towards her. Her eyes widened and she jumped off her bike and started running away from him. "OH MY GOSH, JAMES, I'M SORRY, I'M SORRY!" She squeaked out. James was by far a faster runner than her, so when she turned to look over her shoulder to see how close he was, he ran into her, which sent both of them tumbling to the ground.

"Ow.." Jessie closed her eyes tightly, a pained expression on her face as she hit the ground, nearly slamming the back of her head. When she opened her eyes, she saw James hovering above her, hands in either side of her head, eyes wide.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OML IM SO PROUD OF THIS MMPH.