6

The giant man led us up the stairs. I was on Neville's hip looking around in awe. I was set down and I held onto Neville's robe. The Giant knocked on the giant door and it opened.

"First years this is Professor McGonagall." He introduced.

"Thank you Hagrid." She said. He left and she looked at all of us and looked surprised at me.

She brought us inside giving a speech about the houses and Hogwarts being our home for the next seven years.

Gryffindor for the brave, daring, nerve, and chivalry.

Hufflepuff for the hard work, dedication, patience, loyalty, and fair play.

Ravenclaw for those who value intelligence, knowledge, and wit.

Slytherin for the ambitious, cunning, and resourcefulness.

She then left us to clean up while she checks if they are ready to have us enter.

"Why is there a seven year old at Hogwarts?" Laughed a red hair boy who had dirt on his face.

"Leave him alone Weasley!" Neville said with anger.

"Longbottom, I thought you were a blubbering mess." The boy said.

"Not anymore. This is my friend and I will not take to kindly if you hurt him in anyway! Besides it's like you can talk your more afraid of spiders than any girl in this room and probably in the great hall!" Neville defended. His face turned red and some of the girls giggled. The girls looked at me and cooed.

Deep crimson blush came on my cheeks and I buried my head in Neville's robes.

The teacher came back and looked at the group.

"Alright I want everyone to line up, and I want you to come up front with me." she said pointing to me.

I looked at Neville with nervousness. He gave me an reassuring smile and nodded. I looked at Hermione and she did the same thing. I shuffled to her. She picked me up and set me on her hip. she gave a nod.

"Follow me." She said. She walked through the doors and I looked around in awe. I looked up at the ceiling and I gasped. I looked down to see the teacher smiling. She set me down and I ran back to Neville and held his robe.

She set a stole and hat in front, and the hat began to sing.

"Oh you may not think I'm pretty,

But don't judge on what you see,

I'll eat myself if you can find

A smarter hat than me.

You can keep your bowlers black,

Your top hats sleek and tall,

For I'm the Hogwarts Sorting Hat

And I can cap them all.

There's nothing hidden in your head

The Sorting Hat can't see,

So try me on and I will tell you

Where you ought to be.

You might belong in Gryffindor,

Where dwell the brave at heart,

Their daring, nerve, and chivalry

Set Gryffindors apart;

You might belong in Hufflepuff,

Where they are just and loyal,

Those patient Hufflepuffs are true

And unafraid of toil;

Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw,

if you've a ready mind,

Where those of wit and learning,

Will always find their kind;

Or perhaps in Slytherin

You'll make your real friends,

Those cunning folks use any means

To achieve their ends.

So put me on! Don't be afraid!

And don't get in a flap!

You're in safe hands (though I have none)

For I'm a Thinking Cap!"

"Please come up when your name is called." She said and started calling names and putting the hat on their heads.

Hermione was placed into Slytherin and so was Neville surprising everyone in the room. The red head boy kept messing with me and I snuggled into another girls robe and she held me to her glaring at the boy.

"Potter, Harry." She called. I moved up almost tripping on the third step. I sat on the stool and she placed the hat on my and it ate my head.

There was a chuckle.

'It is like I ate your head, Mr. Jackson." He said.

'How did you know that's my real name?' I asked.

'Ah I can read into your head. But no worries I won't tell anyone. I know just the place for you.' he said.

"Slytherin!" He called. It was even more quiet then Neville's sorting but Neville, Hermione and Draco are clapping with Mr. Snape. I walked over and I was helped onto the bench seat.